Dr. Dean Carpenter MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)13301 N Meridian Ave 300a Oklahoma City OK, 73120
Dr. Dean Carpenter is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Carpenter specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Carpenter can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Carpenter can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1974
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Dean Carpenter MD's Practice location
Oklahoma City, OK 73120Get Direction
Dr. Dean Carpenter MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carpenter
- What Are the Key Characteristics of Genital Herpes?
Genital herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus. There are two types of HSV: HSV-1, which mostly causes cold sores, and HSV-2, which mostly causes genital herpes.Some cases of genital herpes may also be caused by HSV-1. This sexually transmitted infection is quite common among the adult...
- How to Choose a Good Birth Control Method for You
Birth control methods give the flexibility and option for individuals to become parents. There are a number of methods available and making a choice in this regard is truly hard. Firstly, one should know about the different methods of birth control available.Talk to your doctor regarding the...
- Are You an Insomniac Before Getting Your Period?
Many women complain of insomnia a few days before getting their periods. “The actual reason behind this feeling is changing levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone”, says Michael Breus, PhD, ABSM, a sleep expert. “These changes in hormones can affect an individual's ability to fall...
- How Retaining One Normal BRCA Gene Influences Survival in Ovarian Cancer Patients
The National Cancer Institute reports that around 250,000 people will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and about 22,000 with ovarian cancer. While the survival rate among patients with breast cancer is significantly higher compared to ovarian cancer – the NCI reports about 40,000 of the...
- Some Women May Have the Genes That Cause Endometriosis
A new study published in the journal, Nature Genetics, has shown that women who have one of the two genetic variants may have increased risk of developing endometriosis. This offers new insight into the development of this condition, which affects about 6% to 10% of women. According to the...
- Is Hormone Replacement Therapy Preventing Women from Getting Mammograms?
According to a new study, the sudden drop in the rate of mammograms taken by women is due to the fear of hormone replacement therapy (HRT). Up to the year 2000, many women used to take up mammography, once every two years, as a screening method for breast cancer. By the year 2005, researchers...
- Dr. David A. Kallenberger MD3433 Northwest 56th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112
- Dr. Jacob Lauer MD920 Sl Young Blvd Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Kamal Anthony Shanbour M.D.4140 W Memorial Rd Oklahoma City OK 73120
- Dr. Donald K. Rahhal M.D.4140 W Memorial Rd Oklahoma City OK 73120
- Dr. Valerie A. Engelbrecht M.D.11200 N Portland Ave Oklahoma City OK 73120
- Dr. Meaghan Elizabeth Tenney MD5841 S Maryland Ave # Mc2050 Chicago IL 60637