Dr. Mihir Desai is a hand surgeon practicing in Nashville, TN. Dr. Desai specializes in caring for hand, wrist and forearm problems without the option of surgery unless necessary. Many hand surgeons are also experts in diagnosing and caring for shoulder and elbow problems and tend to suggest non-surgical treatments such as hand therapy or physical therapy.
Dr. Mihir Desai M.D's Practice location
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
Dr. Mihir Desai M.D's reviewsWrite Review
- What Kind of Dietary Fiber Do We Need?
Fiber or roughage is the indigestible part of our food that plays an important part in health. Dietary fiber is found naturally in the plant parts that we eat. They are not digested but just pass through our system, absorb water, and aid in bowel movement. We all have heard that fiber is important,...
- The Right Nutritional Methods to Consider During Cancer Treatment
Getting the right nutrition during cancer treatment is very important, as the body goes through two hardships simultaneously – cancer and treatment. The body needs vitamins, minerals, and nutrition to remain young and active. Unfortunately, most of cancer treatments affects the patients eating...
- Chubby Babies Are at Risk of Developing Obesity in Early Childhood
According to a new study, babies who are overweight at 9-months-old have an increased risk of becoming obese by the age of 2-years-old. This study, published in, American Journal of Health Promotion, is the first of its kind to follow up a representative sample of children and the results show that...
- Walk Your Way to a Healthy Life
Walking is one of the simplest forms of exercise and does not require any equipment, other than a pair of good shoes.Julia Valentour, MS, exercise physiologist and program coordinator for the American Council on Exercise, suggests that exercise doesn't have to be hard to be very effective. If a...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- Dr. Jane Merideth Siegel MD301 21st Ave North Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Dave Almon Alexander M.D.301 21st Ave North Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Michael Andrew Milek M.D.301 21st Ave North Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Barry S Callahan MD394 Harding Place Nashville TN 37211
- Dr. Vincent P Novak MD3601 THE VANDERBILT CLINIC NASHVILLE TN 37232
- Dr. Philip Gerlach Coogan M.D.301 21st Ave North Nashville TN 37203