Dr. Joni C Nichols M.D.
Oncologist | Medical Oncology1204 N Vercler Rd Spokane WA, 99216
Dr. Joni Nichols is an oncologist practicing in Spokane, WA. Dr. Nichols specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Nichols manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Member Spokane County Medical Society
- Member Washington State Oncology Society
- Ucla Med Ctr, Hematology-Internal Medicine
- University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Affiliated Hospitals
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Affiliated Hospitals
- Medical Oncology and Hematology, UCLA - Los Angeles, CA Hematology, Stanford University Medical Center - Palo Alto, CA
Dr. Joni C Nichols M.D.'s Practice location
Spokane, WA 99216Get Direction
SPOKANE, WA 99202Get Direction
Dr. Joni C Nichols M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nichols
- Researches Discover Clues as to Why Exactly BRCA Mutations Can Cause Cancer
When the BRCA1 gene mutation was found by scientists supported by the National Cancer Institute to be hereditary predisposition to breast cancer, it was a major breakthrough; however, for many years, researchers have found themselves puzzled by the BRCA1 gene. Its ability to cause breast and ovarian...
- NBC Today's Hoda Kotb Opens Up About Her Personal Fight with Breast Cancer
For Hoda Kotb, cancer brought something to her life that ended up saving her. Most people know Hoda Kotb as the positive and energetic co-anchor of NBC News TODAY, but what people don't know is that she didn't always live her life this way.Back in her early 40s, Hoda was going through a tough time....
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- Lifestyle Changes After Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer can be very daunting to a person. Once cancer is detected, the person goes through a lot of invasive surgeries, chemotherapies, radiation, and medications, which are not only physically draining but can also change the whole perspective of how one looks at their body. However, once...
- The "Pap Flap" Reconstructive Option for Breast Cancer
For many with breast cancer, surgery to remove the breast is lifesaving. However, that does not mean it comes without its intense difficulties - both emotionally and physically. Many women opt to reconstruct the breast, but unfortunately some cannot use implants. "The Pap Flap" is a surgical...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Dr. Bruce Ahern Cutter M.D.601 S Sherman St Spokane WA 99202
- Dr. Robert Harold Gersh M.D.1204 N Vercler Rd Spokane WA 99216
- Mr. Irfan Jawed MD601 S Sherman St Spokane WA 99202
- Dr. Hakan Kaya M.D.601 S Sherman Spokane WA 99202
- Dr. Peter James Schlegel M.D.601 S SHERMAN ST SPOKANE WA 99202
- Dr. Elizabeth Michelle Gunderson MD1204 N VERCLER RD STE 201 SPOKANE VALLEY WA 99216