Dr. Brian Wessman practices Emergency Medicine in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Wessman assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Wessman examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medic 2005
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 2005
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Emergency Care, Ultrasound (sonogram), Sepsis (blood Poisoning) And More
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital 2009
- Washington University/B-JH/SLCH Consortium Program - Emergency Medicine
- Anethesia/surgery/medicine/critical care, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 2011
Dr. Brian T Wessman MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
Dr. Brian T Wessman MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Tiffany M. Osborn660 South Euclid Avenue St. Louis Missouri 63110
- Dr. Michael Eligio Fritsche D.O.625 Bemis Heights Pl Saint Charles MO 63303
- Dr. Ruth Chacko M.D.6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis MO 63117
- Dr. David S Lickerman MD232 S Woods Mill Road Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Chandra D Aubin MD660 S Euclid Ave Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Nicholas Robert Renz MD400 S Kingshighway Blvd Saint Louis MO 63110