Dr. John W Shook MD
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology4320 Wornall Rd Suite 530 Kansas City MO, 64111
Dr. John Shook is a surgical oncologist practicing in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Shook specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Univ of Mo-Kansas City Sch of Med, Kansas City Mo 1984
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1984
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Breast Cancer
- Truman Med Ctr-West, General Surgery; Barnes-Jewish Hosp, General Surgery; Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, General Surgery
Dr. John W Shook MD's Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64111Get Direction
Omaha, NE 68130Get Direction
Dr. John W Shook MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shook
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- What Tests Determine Pancreatic Cancer?
Pancreatic cancer is a cancer that begins in the pancreas, which is the organ that lies behind the lower part of the stomach. This type of cancer is really difficult to diagnose and it is often detected late. In most cases, by the time this cancer is detected, it has already spread rapidly and thus...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- What is Testicular Cancer: Get the Facts
Testicular cancer is a malignancy that affects the testes, which are the sex glands in men that are responsible for secreting the male sex hormone testosterone and for producing sperm cells that fertilize female eggs to kick start a pregnancy.Prevalence of testicular cancerIn the United States,...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- Dr. Mazin F Al-kasspooles MD3901 Rainbow Blvd. Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Peter Joseph Dipasco MD3901 Rainbow Blvd. , 4002 Murphy Bldg. Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Carol S Connor MD3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. William R Jewell MD3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Joshua Matthew varghise Mammen MD3901 Rainbow Blvd 4000 Murphy Kansas City KS 66103
- Dr. Nasim Ahmadiyeh M.D.2301 HOLMES ST KANSAS CITY MO 64108