Joan Essen is an acupuncturist practicing in Ballwin, MO. Dr. Essen evaluates and treats patients based on the concepts of oriental medicine. Acupuncturists complete their evaluations by getting a patient history and looking at and touching the body. Then, they place very fine acupuncture needles into specific points on the body. Stimulating these points and nerves is how Dr. Essen treats the patients condition. Many of the bodys systems respond to acupuncture, and it can treat physical pain as well as emotional stress.
Dr. Joan E Essen DC's Practice location
Ballwin, MO 63011Get Direction
DES PERES, MO 63131Get Direction
Dr. Joan E Essen DC's reviewsWrite Review
- Acupuncture: Everything you Need to Know
Acupuncture is a form of treatment derived from ancient Western Chinese medicine. Needles are gently inserted at specific parts of the body for preventive or therapeutic purposes....
- 7 Complementary Therapies for Lupus
Are you on lupus treatment? Do you want to know if there are better options to improve your health? More than 50 percent of lupus patients worldwide try complementary therapies. Complementary therapies are therapies that are followed in addition to routine medicines prescribed by doctors. The seven...
- Is Acupuncture a Holistic Treatment?
The holistic theory of acupuncture derives its basis from the patterns of energy that flows across the body. During a healthy state, energy travels freely through a network of channels in the body. These channels are often referred to as meridians. Such disruptions are responsible for the occurrence...
- What to Expect While Undergoing an Acupuncture
Before having your first acupuncture treatment, there are numerous things you should keep in mind. Most acupuncture points are situated on the legs and lower arms, so it’s important to wear clothes that will allow easy access to such areas. Moreover, avoid going for treatment while hungry or right...
- Alternative Treatments for Liver Cancer
Alternative treatments for liver cancer refer to alternative medical procedures rather than the conventional and allopathic medications used to treat liver cancer. They include herbs, traditional Chinese medicine and homeopathy among others. The alternative treatments require a certification and...
- How to Use Acupuncture to Treat IBS
Irritable bowel syndrome is also referred to as mucous colitis or spastic colon. It’s labeled a syndrome since it involves multiple symptoms that vary from each person who is affected. It’s a mobility disorder of the large and small intestines. IBS-related symptoms include constipation,...
- Xuezhao Zhang O.M.D6744 Clayton Rd Saint Louis MO 63117
- Mr. Julian Zhu L.AC.17269 Wild Horse Creek Rd Chesterfield MO 63005
- Mr. Tim Sharpe L.AC.2712 Sutton Blvd Saint Louis MO 63143
- Noel C Jensen L.AC.116b Holloway Rd Ballwin MO 63011
- Dr. Daniel Gerard Armbruster DC2730 Watson Rd Saint Louis MO 63139
- Qinggen Zhang LAC520 Huber Park Ct Saint Charles MO 63304