Joan Essen is an acupuncturist practicing in Ballwin, MO. Dr. Essen evaluates and treats patients based on the concepts of oriental medicine. Acupuncturists complete their evaluations by getting a patient history and looking at and touching the body. Then, they place very fine acupuncture needles into specific points on the body. Stimulating these points and nerves is how Dr. Essen treats the patients condition. Many of the bodys systems respond to acupuncture, and it can treat physical pain as well as emotional stress.
Dr. Joan E Essen DC's Practice location
Ballwin, MO 63011Get Direction
DES PERES, MO 63131Get Direction
Dr. Joan E Essen DC's reviewsWrite Review
- Latest Acupuncture Techniques Show Improvement in Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body. Scientists have no exact cause of fibromyalgia, but it is often thought to be related to the following conditions:...
- How to Use Acupuncture to Treat IBS
Irritable bowel syndrome is also referred to as mucous colitis or spastic colon. It’s labeled a syndrome since it involves multiple symptoms that vary from each person who is affected. It’s a mobility disorder of the large and small intestines. IBS-related symptoms include constipation,...
- 7 Complementary Therapies for Lupus
Are you on lupus treatment? Do you want to know if there are better options to improve your health? More than 50 percent of lupus patients worldwide try complementary therapies. Complementary therapies are therapies that are followed in addition to routine medicines prescribed by doctors. The seven...
- What to Expect While Undergoing an Acupuncture
Before having your first acupuncture treatment, there are numerous things you should keep in mind. Most acupuncture points are situated on the legs and lower arms, so it’s important to wear clothes that will allow easy access to such areas. Moreover, avoid going for treatment while hungry or right...
- Acupuncture: Everything you Need to Know
Acupuncture is a form of treatment derived from ancient Western Chinese medicine. Needles are gently inserted at specific parts of the body for preventive or therapeutic purposes....
- How to Prepare for Acupuncture
There are no special or specific preparations before undergoing an acupuncture treatment. However, if you are thinking about having an acupuncture, there are some things you might want to consider first before going through it. You can start by:...
- Dr. Shufang Zheng M.D.14891 Olive Blvd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Xuezhao Zhang O.M.D6744 Clayton Rd Saint Louis MO 63117
- Xuezhao Zhang6744 Clayton Rd, Suite 202 SAINT LOUIS MO 63117
- Maria Montserrat Gonzalez L.AC7700 CLAYTON RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63117
- Mrs. Heather Michelle Wheeler L.AC.111 OFALLON COMMONS DR O FALLON MO 63368
- Qinggen Zhang LAC520 Huber Park Ct Saint Charles MO 63304