Julie Ann Lord
Psychiatrist | PsychiatryUwmc-Roosevelt 4225 Roosevelt Way N Seattle WA, 98105
Dr. Julie Lord is a psychiatrist practicing in Seattle, WA. Dr. Lord is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Lord diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Lord may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Lord treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 1996
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Psychiatry; Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- University Of Wa School Of Med
Julie Ann Lord's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98105Get Direction
Julie Ann Lord's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lord
- Understanding Clinical Depression
Clinical depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects how an individual feels, thinks, and how he or she acts. Depression varies from mild to severe, and in certain instances the individual can experience temporary episodes of sadness.Clinical depression is also known as major...
- What Is Celexa and Is It Safe During Pregnancy?
Anxiety and depression are medical conditions associated with the brain. While the complexities of these conditions are highly intense, in simple language, they are referred to as chemical imbalances in the brain. The most common medications used when it comes to the treatment of depression and...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- Reducing Anxiety with Exercise
People who have chronic diseases, like heart conditions and arthritis may benefit from exercising, according to a study published in, Archives of Internal Medicine. Exercise may help to relieve anxiety and improve the quality of life in these people. Results of this study add to the growing body of...
- 5 Reasons You May Be Nauseous After Eating
Nausea is an uncomfortable feeling and a cause for concern if it constantly occurs. It can be a warning sign of disease or a medical condition that may require immediate attention. However, not all cases of nausea are a sign of an underlying illness. There are numerous reasons that an individual can...
- Dr. Frank A. Stanton M.D.2275 Arlington Dr San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. Vernon Neppe MD, PHD6808 44th Avenue Northeast Seattle Washington 98115
- Ms. Heidi S. Summers MD5837 221st Place Southeast Issaquah Washington 98027
- Dr. Anne Marie Arvidson M.D.1823 Queen Anne Ave N Seattle Washington 98109
- Dr. Catherine Q Howe MD2100 Western Ave Seattle WA 98121
- Dr. Mehri D Moore M.D.400 108th Ave NE Bellevue WA 98004