Dr. Thomas Gleason is an internist practicing in Wareham, MA. Dr. Gleason specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Gleason provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1973
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- St Elizabeth'S Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Thomas L. Gleason M.D.'s Practice location
Wareham, MA 02571Get Direction
Wareham, MA 02571Get Direction
Dr. Thomas L. Gleason M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Weighted Hula Hoops May Help to Burn More Calories
Workouts with hula hoops may help to burn as many calories as step aerobics, boot camp, or very brisk walking, according to a new study sponsored by the American Council on Exercise (ACE). In this study, 16 women between 16-years-old and 59-years-old were trained on a 30-minute aerobics session...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- Reducing the Intensity of Pain with Mindful Mediation
A new brain imaging study has shown that meditation, even a brief instruction, helps to reduce the intensity of pain. Most of the participants of the study reported to have a reduction in pain after four 20-minute sessions of mindfulness meditation instructions....
- Do Raspberry Ketones Promote Weight Loss?
What is Raspberry ketones?Raspberry ketones are compounds that create the unique aroma raspberries project. These ketones are used in foods and cosmetics for enhancing flavor and aroma in the product. The extracted ketones from the berries contain a large amount of phenolic compounds that help to...
- HIV: 5 Transmission Myths
What is HIV?HIV is a virus that was discovered in the 1980s. It attacks a person's immune system, causing it to be too weak to fight outside infections. The HIV virus works by destroying white blood cells, called CD4 cells, in the immune system, and progresses through three stages, the last of which...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Dr. Jack M Kirichian MD511 W GROVE ST MIDDLEBORO MA 02346
- Dr. Abena A. Addo MD208 MILL RD FAIRHAVEN MA 02719
- Dr. James C Alban MD7 Bramblebush Park Falmouth MA 02540
- Dr. Robert Hale Sawyer M.D.535 Faunce Corner Rd North Dartmouth MA 02747
- Dr. Judith Miesner D.O.531 FAUNCE CORNER RD NORTH DARTMOUTH MA 02747
- Dr. Susan G Milliken DO8 COMMERCE BLVD STE 200 MIDDLEBORO MA 02346