Dr. David Sheff is a family practitioner practicing in Cedar Rapids, IA. Dr. Sheff specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Sheff possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 1992
- The receptor recycling pathway contains two distinct populations of early endosomes with different sorting functions.
- Actin dependence of polarized receptor recycling in Madin-Darby canine kidney cell endosomes.
- Isolation and characterization of the rat liver actin N-acetylaminopeptidase.
- Amino-terminal processing of actins mutagenized at the Cys-1 residue.
- Rab8 regulates basolateral secretory, but not recycling, traffic at the recycling endosome.
- Unusual metabolism of the yeast actin amino terminus.
- Deciliation is associated with dramatic remodeling of epithelial cell junctions and surface domains.
- Identification of N-acetylmethionine as the product released during the NH2-terminal processing of a pseudo-class I actin.
David Sheff, MD, PhD's Practice location
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403Get Direction
West Liberty, IA 52776Get Direction
Request An Appointment With David Sheff, MD, PhD | Family Practitioner
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
David Sheff, MD, PhD's reviewsWrite Review
Get to know Family Physician Dr. David Sheff, who serves patients in West Liberty, Iowa.
Dr. Sheff is a board-certified family physician who is affiliated with Mercy Family Medicine – West Liberty in West Liberty, Iowa. Mercy Family Medicine – West Liberty is a clinic that is a part of Mercy Iowa City – an acute care hospital and regional referral center that draws patients from throughout southeast Iowa. The mission of Mercy is to heal and comfort the sick and work to improve the health of the community in the spirit of Jesus Christ and the Catholic tradition of the Sisters of Mercy.
Dr. Sheff received his medical degree from the University of Iowa – Carver College of Medicine in Iowa City, Iowa in 1984. He then went on to complete his residency at Cedar Rapids Medical Education Foundation in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Dr. Sheff is board-certified in family medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM). Founded in 1969, the ABFM is a not-for-profit, private organization whose mission is to improve the health of the public through board certification, residency training, research, leadership development, and promoting the development of the specialty of Family Medicine. The ABFM’s primary role is to support family physicians who are committed to achieving excellence in improving the health of their patients, their families, and their communities.
Family medicine, formerly family practice, is a medical specialty devoted to comprehensive health care for people of all ages. Family physicians, like Dr. Sheff, are often the first person whom a patient sees when seeking healthcare services. They examine and treat patients with a wide range of conditions and refer those with serious ailments to a specialist or appropriate facility.
- 5 Tips on Living with Lung Cancer
Lung cancer, also known as lung carcinoma, is a malignant lung tumor depicted by uncontrolled cell growth in tissues of the lung. If left untreated, this growth can spread beyond the lung by the process of metastasis into nearby tissue or other parts of the body.The following are 5 tips on...
- Foods That Can Relieve Nausea
Nausea is a very unpleasant condition that is known as a feeling of sickness or uneasiness. Nausea is often a precursor to vomiting, and nearly everyone suffers from nausea at some point. Nausea can have a variety of different causes such as food poisoning, dehydration, motion sickness, morning...
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- Is Tonsillitis Contagious?
What is tonsillitis?Tonsils are two glands located at the back of the throat and can be seen through the mouth. These glands help prevent infections from developing in the body. Tonsillitis happens when the tonsils become inflamed or infected by viruses or bacteria. Tonsillitis is a common...
- Alternative Treatments for Head Lice
In case your child spends a night at a friend's house and later claims that the place had a lot of lice then you should know it is not a big deal. Though lice are spread from one person to another, they do not come with diseases and your child is just okay. In case you do not want to use clinical...
- Dr. Qadnana Atif Anwar M.D.610 8th St Se Cedar Rapids IA 52401
- Dr. Laura C Bentley M.D.2996 7th Ave Marion IA 52302
- Dr. Thomas J Richmann M.D.1100 35th St Marion IA 52302
- Dr. Natalie L Hempy M.D.585 W Cherry St North Liberty IA 52317
- Dr. Mohan Ravindra Gadam M.D610 8th St Se Cedar Rapids IA 52401
- Dr. Clete B Younger M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242