Dr. Mohan Pillai practices Neuropathology in Wilkes Barre, PA. Dr. Pillai studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Dr. Mohan Aiyaswami Pillai MD's Practice location
Wilkes Barre, PA 18711Get Direction
Dr. Mohan Aiyaswami Pillai MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Study Discovers Fatality Predictors in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
A recent study published in the Journal of the American Heart Association has demonstrated that high cardiac biomarkers, coupled with low BMI and a poor respiratory profile are important risk factors that could put Duchenne muscular dystrophy patients at risk of premature death.Duchenne muscular...
- Signs and Symptoms of Epilepsy
What is Epilepsy?Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which a person experiences recurring seizures.In a normal brain, the nerve cells transmit chemical and electrical signals to other nerve cells, glands, and muscles. In the case of patients with epilepsy, the nerve cells (also known as neurons) fire...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Epilepsy and Its Effects On the Body
Epilepsy is a chronic neurological disorder with seizures as its main symptom.Epilepsy in the Body: What are the Effects?Epilepsy is a common brain disorder affecting almost three million Americans. This condition can be caused by an injury or illness but most cases have no known cause. Epilepsy is...
- What Is Topamax?
Generic Name: TopiramateBrand Name: Topamax Sprinkle Capsules, Qudexy XR Sprinkle, Topamax, Trokendi XRIntroduction Topamax is an anticonvulsant medicine, which is mostly used for the treatment of seizures, especially in adults and children who are more than 2 years old. Apart from treating...
- What to Expect After a Stroke
A stroke is a condition in which the brain is deprived of the required blood supply or there is a blood clot formation in a blood vessel in the brain. Strokes can be either caused by internal bleeding (hemorrhagic stroke) or by inadequate blood flow, which can also lead to the death of healthy brain...
- Dr. Douglas C. Nathanson M.D.1000 E Mountain Blvd Wilkes Barre PA 18711
- Dr. Neil R Holland MD107 Monmouth Rd West Long Branch NJ 07764
- Dr. Axel J Rosengart MD525 E 68th St New York NY 10065
- Dr. Ralf W Van der sluis M.D.230 Independence Rd East Stroudsburg PA 18301
- Dr. Yu song Kao M.D.166 Hanover St Wilkes Barre PA 18702
- Dr. David R Cooper MD744 Kidder St Wilkes Barre PA 18702