Dr. James Graeter is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Graeter specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Graeter tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1974
Georgetown University School of Medicine 1974
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- *A 2012 Washingtonian Top Doc 2012
- Torn Meniscus
- Geo Washington Univ Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Vet Affairs Med Ctr-W La, General Surgery; Kaiser Fndn Hosp-Los Angeles, Family Medicine
- George Washington University Program A
Dr. James Henry Graeter M.D.'s Practice location
Washington, DC 20037Get Direction
Dr. James Henry Graeter M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Muscle Relaxants for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is known as a muscle-related pain syndrome or myofascial pain syndrome. It can be due to a general type of pain such as muscle pain or back pain, and certain tender areas in the body. Individuals suffering from fibromyalgia would have various tender spots in the...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Correcting Foot Deformities with Surgery
Research and Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disorder OutlookHow Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disorder Could Affect Some IndividualsAffecting those mostly between the ages of 18 to 60 according to The Mayo Clinic, this hereditary group of disorders can affect numerous stages of life. Although some therapies could be of...
- What Is Whiplash? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
When people suffer from a whiplash, they experience severe pain in the lower neck region, which can spread over their shoulders, arms, and head. They can also suffer from headaches, numbness, and a painful stiff neck. The pain gets accelerated faster in the area around the neck, which needs to be...
- What To Expect After Carpal Tunnel Surgery
What is carpal tunnel surgery?Carpal tunnel surgery is a surgery that is performed on the hand to correct any problems that you may have with your carpal tunnels. The surgery can be performed as an open surgery or the doctor can use a less invasive approach.There are so many things and changes that...
- Can I Walk After a Knee Replacement Surgery?
Yes, you can walk after a knee replacement surgery. The main goal of the surgery is for you to walk using an artificial knee and get back to your normal life. In fact, it is highly recommended that you immediately use your artificial knee.You need to know that walking again will require your...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Dr. William A. McNamara MD6000 Executive Blvd Rockville MD 20852
- Dr. Edward G. Magur M.D.5454 WISCONSIN AVE CHEVY CHASE MD 20815
- Dr. Richard Leo Gaertner MD133 MAPLE AVE E VIENNA VA 22180
- Dr. Tariq A Nayfeh M.D.7811 MONTROSE RD STE 340 POTOMAC MD 20854
- Dr. Frank T. Lombardo M.D.2445 Army Navy Dr Arlington VA 22206
- Dr. Usman Zahir MD7811 MONTROSE RD STE 340 POTOMAC MD 20854