Dr. Catherine Newton is an ophthalmologist practicing in Louisville, KY. Dr. Newton specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Newton can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Newton can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 1979
University of Louisville School of Medicine 1979
Medical College of Wisconsin
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Corneal Ulcer
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- La State Univ Eye Ctr, Other Specialty; Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Ophthalmology; Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Ophthalmology
- University Of Wisconsin-Madison
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
Dr. Catherine Newton MD's Practice location
Louisville, KY 40205Get Direction
LOUISVILLE, KY 40206Get Direction
Dr. Catherine Newton MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- Eyelid Twitching and Stress
What is eyelid twitching?Eyelid twitching or myokymia is an involuntary eyelid spasm. The upper lid is usually affected, but spasms can also occur in the lower lid or both lids. Eyelid twitching is often mild for most people. However, others may experience stronger spasms, which may force their lids...
- Eye Infections: Bacterial, Viral, and Fungal
Eye infections occur when various harmful microorganisms invade the eyes. They can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. When suspecting an eye infection, you should go and get a detailed eye examination from an eye doctor. Trying to self-diagnose and even self-treat eye problems and eye...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea?
Rosacea is a very common skin condition that frequently affects people aged above 30 years. It produces redness on your cheeks, nose, and forehead. Although it commonly affects women, more severe symptoms occur in males. Approximately 16 million people are affected in the United States alone, and it...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- Dr. Ashima Kumar Gupta MD4940 Hazelwood Avenue Louisville KY 40214
- Dr. Lloyd Ross Taustine MD1169 Eastern Pkwy Louisville KY 40217
- Dr. Casey H Johnson MD6400 Dutchmans Pkwy Louisville KY 40205
- Dr. Mark Cassol M.D.127 Fairfax Ave. Louisville KY 40207
- Dr. Edward Britt Brockman M.D.519 State St New Albany IN 47150
- Dr. Todd Jordan Purkiss M.D., PH.D.6400 Dutchmans Pkwy Louisville KY 40205