Dr. David Avrin is an interventional radiologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Avrin specializes in minimally invasive, targeted treatments. Interventional radiologists use X-Rays, MRIs and other advanced imaging to put catheters in the body in order to treat the source of the disease internally. Many conditions that once required surgery can now have less risk, less pain and fewer invasions when treated by an interventional radiologist.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 1975
Stanford University School of Medicine 1975
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Secure, web-accessible call rosters for academic radiology departments.
- Measuring the academic radiologist's clinical productivity: survey results for subspecialty sections.
- Measuring the academic radiologist's clinical productivity: applying RVU adjustment factors.
- Automated examination notification of emergency department images in a picture archiving and communication system.
- RIS minus PACS equals film.
- RadioGraphics, informatics, bill G, and open source.
- infoRAD 2005: your best resource for informatics education.
- Informatics in radiology (infoRAD): Vendor-neutral case input into a server-based digital teaching file system.
- Using applet-servlet communication for optimizing window, level and crop for DICOM to JPEG conversion.
- Translating the IHE Teaching File and Clinical Trial Export (TCE) profile document templates into functional DICOM structured report objects.
- Using Java to generate globally unique identifiers for DICOM objects.
- Reducing the rate of repeat imaging: import of outside images to PACS.
- Providing formal reports for outside imaging and the rate of repeat imaging.
- Patient Radiation Dose Reduction during Transarterial Chemoembolization Using a Novel X-Ray Imaging Platform.
- Clinical application of Compton and photo-electric reconstruction in computed tomography: preliminary results.
- Stanford University Program
David E. Avrin M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94143Get Direction
Salt Lake City, UT 84132Get Direction
David E. Avrin M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Dr. Bill Petit, Only Survivor of Brutal Slaying of Family, Honors Wife with MS Foundation
Bill Petit, the lone survivor in the brutal home invasion that left his entire family dead, has come into the spotlight lately as he considers running for office. He explains that the heartbreak never really does go away, but it does get easier. He says, "I used to have gut wrenching weeks in a...
- How Is Endometriosis Diagnosed?
Endometriosis can be a very painful condition, which is why women should visit their doctors regularly. If endometriosis is discovered earlier, treatments can cost much less, and you will get rid of the disease much more easily. If not, the consequences can be severe. The symptoms of endometriosis...
- Stress Can Cause Infertility
A study published in the journal, Fertility and Sterility, adds evidence to the fact that stress may reduce the chances of getting pregnant. Women who had higher levels of stress-related enzyme, alpha amylase, were less likely to conceive, reports the study. This is the first study to present a...
- Lupus and Pregnancy: An Improving Outlook
In the past, most — if not all — lupus sufferers were warned against getting pregnant. The combination of signs and symptoms, coupled with the bodily strain from the pregnancy, would combine into a high-risk situation for both the mother as well as the baby. Furthermore, the fact that most...
- Can Certain Lifestyle Choices Influence the Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an illness that affects the body’s nervous system and whose cure has yet to be found. MS is characterized by varying signs and symptoms depending on which part of the nervous system is affected. The main and most common signs and symptoms observable in most patients...
- Endometriosis and Infertility
Endometriosis is one of main causes of infertility among women. However, there is no single cause when it comes to endometriosis. Rather, there are several factors that decrease the chances of conception among women diagnosed with endometriosis.The real cause of endometriosis is not known, even...
- Dr. Murali A. Ranjithan M.D.450 Stanyan St San Francisco CA 94117
- Roy L. Gordon M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Robert K. Kerlan M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Akhilesh Keshav Sista M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Joseph Antoine Maldjian MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Brian K. Bronzo M.D.3700 CALIFORNIA ST SAN FRANCISCO CA 94118