Dr. Joseph Layde is a psychiatrist practicing in Milwaukee, WI. Dr. Layde is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Layde diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Layde may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Layde treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1979
New Jersey College of Dentistry 1979
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Forensic Psychiatry
- 2011 Milwaukee Super Doctors
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Psychiatry; Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Psychiatry
- Med College Of Wisconsin 1980
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals 1983
- University of Minnesota Affiliated Hospitals 1979
Dr. Joseph Layde MD's Practice location
Milwaukee, WI 53226Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Layde MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can ADHD Occur in Adulthood?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) doesn’t just occur in children. It can also occur during adulthood. Actually, it has been estimated that about 70% of adults continue to struggle with ADHD. In other cases, adults who have never been diagnosed with ADHD during their childhood days...
- What Is Latuda Used For?
Generic Name: LurasidoneBrand Name: LatudaWhat is Latuda?Latuda (lurasidone) is an antipsychotic medication that works by changing the effects of brain chemicals. This medication is used for the treatment of schizophrenia in individuals who are 13 years old and above, and bipolar depression in...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- Is Schizophrenia a Mental Illness?
It is a formidable task to define schizophrenia unless we accept an unsatisfactory definition that consists of a list of the most common characteristics of the disorder.Some psychiatrists consider schizophrenia as an illness, others a syndrome, a mental mechanism, or even a way of living. There is...
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- Have You Heard About the Various Types of Depression?
Depression is a state of mind wherein people feel sad, anxious, and upset all the time. It is a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks, feels, and behaves. Depression happens when people's thoughts turn completely negative and they later become distant avoiding any form of social...
- Dr. Randall Steinhaus MD940 Heritage Ct Mequon WI 53092
- Chandra Sheila Unni825 North Prospect Avenue Milwaukee Wisconsin 53202
- Dr. Jacob M Behrens M.D.2020 W WELLS ST MILWAUKEE WI 53233
- Dr. Ahmed Numaan M.D.11101 W LINCOLN AVE WEST ALLIS WI 53227
- Dr. Allan J Luck M.D.3267 S 16th St Milwaukee WI 53215
- Dr. Jennifer Bleak MD3900 W Brown Deer Rd Milwaukee WI 53209