Dr. James Davies is a general surgeon practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Davies specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Davies provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Dr. James Philip Davies M.D.'s Practice location
Charleston, SC 29412Get Direction
Dr. James Philip Davies M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What are the Surgeries Used in Treating Gallstones?
Right below the liver is a small sac known as the gallbladder. Its function is to hold bile until it is required. The bile helps in the digestion/breakdown of fats. When fats are noticed by the gallbladder, it pushes the bile concentrate towards the small intestine through contractions.Bile pigment,...
- Recovering from a Laparoscopy
Patients who have undergone laparoscopic surgery tell of different stories. They have varying views and opinions. Some say it is a harrowing experience, while others consider laparoscopy a minor surgery. It really all depends on the individual, because every human being responds differently to...
- What Conditions Warrant a Hysterectomy?
Upon reaching reproductive age, the womb (uterus) creates ideal conditions for pregnancy, gestation, and delivery of a baby. But many things can go wrong within the female reproductive system. Development of fibroid masses, outgrowths of the endometrial lining, and excessive vaginal bleeding are...
- What to Expect if You Need a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure done in a private room, in which the inside of the large intestine, (colon and rectum), is examined. This procedure is normally used to evaluate gastrointestinal symptoms, such as rectal and intestinal bleeding, abdominal pain, or changes in bowel habits....
- Everything You Need to Know About a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove a damaged gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small pouch-like organ found in the upper right part of your belly. The main function of the gallbladder is to store bile, which is a digestive fluid used in the breakdown of fats. Specifically,...
- Dr. Neil Shaw Mcdevitt MD1055 Ribaut Rd Beaufort SC 29902
- Dr. Adrian Lee Strand M.D.1150 Fremont Blvd Seaside CA 93955
- Dr. Thomas C Litton M.D.9329 Medical Plaza Dr Charleston SC 29406
- Dr. Brent Michael Jewett M.D.169 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Charles Kenneth Mitchell M.D.2093 Henry Tecklenburg Dr Charleston SC 29414
- Dr. Crystal Johnson-mann M.D.169 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425