Dr. Marcie Welsh is an optometrist practicing in Mamaroneck, NY. Dr. Welsh specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Welsh performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Marcie D. Welsh OD's Practice location
Mamaroneck, NY 10543Get Direction
Dr. Marcie D. Welsh OD's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a corrective procedure that aims to rectify vision distortions that are caused by the changing curvature of the cornea and shifting length of the eyeball. The cornea is a transparent coating that bulges on the outside of the eyeball, and allows light to penetrate its surface at...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Cataracts?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is a condition known as cataracts. In patients with cataracts, proteins that are contained in the lens begin to break down, making the lens cloudy with an increase in age. Because cataracts develop very slowly, vision may not be affected right away and...
- Treatments for Cataracts
A cataract is blurring of the lens of the eye. The lens is oval-shaped and mostly consists of water and protein. It is located at the back of the iris and pupil. The lens protein molecules are organized in a way that makes it clear so that light can pass through it to the retina. The focus of the...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cataract Surgery
Unfortunately, no particular drug or types of eye drops have been found to specifically reverse or prevent the formation of cataracts. There are eyeglasses that can be recommended by your doctor if you develop nearsightedness or blurred vision as a result of cataract formation. A surgical procedure...
- Dr. Adis Diaz O.D.3850 HEMPSTEAD TPKE LEVITTOWN NY 11756
- Dr. Michelle Penshorn O.D.2933 Broadway New York NY 10025
- Dr. Lou C Kushner O.D.425 Lexington Ave New York NY 10017
- Dr. Dean E Hart OD185 Woodbury Road Hicksville NY 11801
- Dr. Neera Kapoor OD33 W 42nd St New York NY 10036
- Dr. Mark Stadlen3803 Broadway Astoria NY 11103