Dr. Paul Hillesheim practices Dermatopathology in Columbus, OH. Dermatopathology is a medical specialty that focuses on dermatology and pathology, and involves the diagnosis of various diseases of the skin, hair, and nails by looking at cutaneous diseases at a microscopic and molecular level. By revealing the histology of diseases and results from a specific diagnostic interpretation, Dr. Hillesheim is able to analyze the potential causes of skin diseases at a basic level.
Education and Training
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University 2003
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Anaplastic spindle cell carcinoma, arising in a background of an ovarian mucinous cystic tumor: a case report with clinical follow up, review of the literature.
- An immunohistochemical comparison between MiTF and MART-1 with Azure blue
- Cutaneous protothecosis.
- Chronic lymphocytic inflammation with pontine perivascular enhancement responsive to steroids following influenza vaccination.
Dr. Paul Baum Hillesheim D.O.'s Practice location
Columbus, OH 43219Get Direction
ROME, GA 30165Get Direction
Dr. Paul Baum Hillesheim D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Chicken Pox: Get the Facts
Chicken pox, also known as varicella, is a very contagious disease that is caused by presence of the varicella zoster virus (VZV). The most typical and characteristic sign of chicken pox is itchy bright red blisters all over the body. The varicella vaccine protects about 70-90% of the people who get...
- Using Sunscreen Does Not Guarantee Full Protection
According to a new study, people who apply sunscreen regularly and vigilantly may have more painful and damaging sunburns. In this study, the researchers collected data regarding the different methods of shielding the sun, and the effectiveness of each of these methods. Data was collected from more...
- Common Acne Myths
Severe acne can have a significant impact on one’s life, as well as with social relationships. It can affect a person’s self confidence and self-esteem, which can lead to depression in time. This is particularly true of teenagers and young adults.Acne can cause social phobia, fear of being...
- What are the Benefits of a Facial Serum?
We have heard of adding facial serum to our daily routine to make skin glowing and to keep aging at bay.What are face serums and what are their benefits? Facial serums are fast-absorbing liquids meant to provide nutrients deeper into the skin than normal creams and lotions. It is used either in...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- A New Treatment for Dandruff
Getting to the root of dandruffComplete treatment of dandruff has been an elusive dream for many people. Over-the-counter shampoos and scalp treatments are the most common approach for controlling dandruff. “But these methods are beneficial for those who have mild forms of dandruff and not severe...
- Dr. Priyadharsini Nagarajan MD, PHD1515 Holcombe Blvd Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Julio C Cruz MD5720 Blazer Parkway Dublin OH 43017
- Dr. Adam B Hessel MD5720 Blazer Parkway Dublin OH 43017
- Dr. Michael P Conroy MD7450 Hospital Drive Dublin OH 43016
- Dr. Gerald Melville Penn M.D., PHD650 Shawan Falls Dr Dublin OH 43017
- Dr. Mary jo Jacobson Kerns M.D.3555 Olentangy River Rd Columbus OH 43214