Dr. Edward Mun is a general surgeon practicing in Torrance, CA. Dr. Mun specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Mun provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1991
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Protein kinase epsilon dampens the secretory response of model intestinal epithelia during ischemia.
- Effects of weight loss surgeries on liver disease.
- Surgical management of morbid obesity.
- Role of protein kinase C in intestinal ischemic preconditioning.
- Therapy insight: weight-loss surgery and major cardiovascular risk factors.
- Serum bile acids are higher in humans with prior gastric bypass: potential contribution to improved glucose and lipid metabolism.
- Dr. McKenzie's year with Dr. Cushing.
- Adenosine scavenging: a novel mechanism of chloride secretory control in intestinal epithelial cells.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hp M C, General Surgery; Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Beth Israel Deaconess Med Center 1992
Dr. Edward C Mun M.D.'s Practice location
Torrance, CA 90505Get Direction
Dr. Edward C Mun M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mun
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- How is the Recovery for a Cholecystectomy?
How long does it take for you to recover from a cholecystectomy? The length of the recovery period depends on whether you had a laparoscopic or open cholecystectomy. Many people who have keyhole surgery are released from the hospital the same day of the surgery. It may take up to 2 weeks for these...
- Alternative Treatments for Gallstones
Alternative Treatments For GallstonesA huge percentage of gallstones never show symptoms, but the moment a stone stops moving on its way to the small intestines from the gallbladder, trouble begins. That’s when signs start occurring, among them severe pain on the ride side of the abdomen that...
- Home Remedies To Help Appendicitis
Appendicitis is a serious condition that can cause severe harm to the body if not treated on time. Some of the common symptoms of appendicitis include abdominal pain, digestive upsets, nausea, vomiting and mild fever. Although there are both medicinal and surgical treatment options available to cure...
- What are Cataracts: Get the Facts
Cataract is the blurring of the lens part of the eye that can lead to complications in vision. Aging is the cause of the common form of cataract. It grows slowly and should symptoms develop they should not be ignored as this condition worsens with time. Congenital defects, previous eye surgery,...
- Hydrocephalus: What Is It?
Hydrocephalus is a condition where there is too much cerebrospinal fluid in the head. It comes from the Greek words “hydro”, which means water, and “cephalus”, which means head. It is a component of several congenital health problems, but may be caused by head injuries, too. In some cases,...
- Dr. Charles C. Guidry Jr D.O.5141 Crenshaw Blvd Los Angeles California 90043
- Dr. Babak Moeinolmolki M.D.1215 BROCKTON AVE LOS ANGELES CA 90025
- Dr. Amy M. Kusske MD2021 SANTA MONICA BLVD SANTA MONICA CA 90404
- Dr. Tracey R Childs MD2021 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica CA 90404
- Dr. Glenn Pfeffer MD8700 BEVERLY BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90048
- Dr. Chidi Jude Ukatu M.D.10521 Ruthelen St Los Angeles CA 90047