Dr. Richard Harper is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Harper specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Harper is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Harper are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Education and Training
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine 1969
- Isolation of fixed prostheses with the rubber dam.
- The effect of nitric oxide on bacteria.
- SCIENTIFIC NOMENCLATURE.
- Clinical findings and ancillary studies on identical twins exposed to diethylstilbestrol in utero. A case report.
- Poor prognosis in patients with adenosquamous cell carcinoma of the cervix.
- In vivo measurements of thermal diffusion through restorations of various materials.
- Effect of diameters of self-threading pins and channel locations on enamel crazing.
Dr. Richard H Harper DMD's Practice location
Cleveland, OH 44195Get Direction
Dr. Richard H Harper DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- New York News Anchor Dies at 63: Michele Marsh’s Legacy
Prior to the 1970s, the American television news industry was dominated by all-male newscasters. That began to change as female broadcasters were promoted into anchor positions and welcomed by audiences throughout the 1970s. Women such as Pat Harper, Barbara Walters, and Judy Licht began to make...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Juan Troconis D.M.D.2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland OH 44109
- Troy A Frazee MD DDS7232 Pearl Rd Cleveland OH 44130
- Dr. Dominick Carmen Adornato DDS1129 East Aurora Rd Macedonia OH 44056
- Dr. Urban Michael Picard DDS15711 Madison Ave Lakewood OH 44107
- Dr. Dale Alan Baur DDS2123 Abington Rd Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Scott L Alperin DDS5825 Landerbrook Drive Cleveland OH 44124