Dr. Hervey A Weitzman MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology175 Jefferson St Fairfield CT, 06825
Dr. Hervey Weitzman is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Fairfield, CT. Dr. Weitzman specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Univ of Vt Coll of Med, Burlington Vt 1963
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- St Vincent'S Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Mem Sloan-Kettering Cancer Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Anatomi
Dr. Hervey A Weitzman MD's Practice location
Fairfield, CT 06825Get Direction
Dr. Hervey A Weitzman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Weitzman
- What are the Stages of Multiple Myeloma?
This is the uncommon type of cancer that forms in plasma cells. A type of white blood cells found in the body, plasma cells, identify and battle germs and infections that attack the body.In multiple myeloma patients, the healthy plasma cells are overtaken by cancer cells. This reduces the number of...
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to Expand Mission Against Blood Cancer
On July 19, 2017, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, or LLS, proclaimed that they would be expanding their initiative to beat acute myeloid leukemia. Referred to as "Beat AML Master Trial", the project aims to test new and innovative treatments for those suffering from AML. For more information...
- Teen with Hodgkin Lymphoma Skates with Her Hero, Mario Lemieux
Lillian Tarasiewicz was diagnosed with stage 3B Hodgkin lymphoma in October of 2015. She currently resides in South Carolina, but because of her father’s Pennsylvania background, she grew up with a love for hockey and for the Pittsburgh Penguins. She always felt a special connection to Mario...
- Teen Finds Strength to Give Back After Battling Lymphoma
Ayden Mills is a 14-year-old middle school student residing in Vancouver, Washington. It’s easy to wonder how someone could be an inspiration at such a young age, but what Mills has gone fought through is nothing short of amazing. Mills’s story shows how it is possible to fight through even the...
- The Effect of Sunshine on Lymphoma
Having a lack of enough vitamin D can drastically effect one's ability to fight many cancers, including lymphoma. So, researchers inevitably wondered whether the addition of Vitamin D to preexisting therapies would prolong patients' lives. The Wilmot Cancer Institute received a $3 million grant for...
- A Triathlon for Bloodwise
Where would anyone be without friends? There have been many experiences where friends have been a bit of light in the dark. When 30-year-old Alexandra “Pixie” Flather from a town near Aylsham, England found out that her best friend was diagnosed with Leukemia, she decided to take action. At the...
- Dr. Evan Vosburgh MD800 Howard Ave New Haven CT 06519
- Dr. Andrea T. Ruskin M.D.40 Cross St Norwalk CT 06851
- Dr. Johanna Lasala MD2080 Whitney Ave Hamden CT 06518
- Dr. Michael Cohenuram M.D.24 Hospital Ave Danbury CT 06810
- Mrs. Laurie J Harrold MD15 Corporate Dr Trumbull CT 06611
- Mr. Neal A Fischbach MD15 Corporate Dr Trumbull CT 06611