Dr. James Schubmehl is a psychiatrist practicing in Rochester, NY. Dr. Schubmehl is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Schubmehl diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Schubmehl may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Schubmehl treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Va Sch of Med, Charlottesville Va 1973
University of Virginia School of Medicine 1973
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Psychiatry; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Bronx Municipal Hospital Center 1974
Dr. James Q Schubmehl M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, NY 14618Get Direction
ROCHESTER, NY 14618Get Direction
Dr. James Q Schubmehl M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- Managing Anxiety Disorder Using BuSpar
What is anxiety?Anxiety is a general term that is often used to refer to disorders among individuals that cause nervousness, fear, stress, and worrying. These traits often impact human behavior and can turn into real physical symptoms. Mild anxiety is temporary and vague. However, anxiety that turns...
- Clinical Depression: How it Affects Men and Women
Clinical depression is associated with social, occupational, and physical impairments. People commonly perceive that depression is a trivial condition that is not entirely genuine. However, depression is a real illness with real and debilitating symptoms, and should not be perceived as anything...
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- What Is Munchausen Syndrome?
IntroductionThe Munchausen syndrome is regarded as a factitious disorder. It is a type of mental disorder, wherein people pretend to have certain physical or psychological symptoms in them. People who are between the ages 20-40 years old are more prone to developing the disorder. Men who have few...
- How Rumination Is Linked to Anxiety and Depression
What is rumination?According to various research studies, one of the important factors or causes of depression and anxiety is rumination.When people ruminate, they continually contemplate about certain problems or thoughts without end. Most of the time, individuals who are depressed have episodes of...
- Dr. Joseph Robert Carbone DPM490 TITUS AVE ROCHESTER NY 14617
- Dr. Michael Paul Twist DO601 Elmwood Ave Box 777R Rochester NY 14642
- Mr. John B Schubmehl MD1000 PITTSFORD VICTOR RD STE 20 PITTSFORD NY 14534
- Dr. Gerhardt Stefan Wagner M.D., PH.D.100 PINEWILD DR ROCHESTER NY 14606
- Dr. Joshua Cw Jones M.D.1111 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14620
- Dr. M Saleem Ismail M.D.300 Crittenden Blvd Rochester NY 14642