Dr. Douglas Merrihew is an anesthesiologist practicing in Bay Shore, NY. Dr. Merrihew ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Merrihew also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras Facultad de Ciencias Medicas 1980
- Lincoln Med Mntl Hlth Ctr, Anesthesiology
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center Program
Dr. Douglas Merrihew M.D.'s Practice location
Bay Shore, NY 11706Get Direction
Dr. Douglas Merrihew M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Describing Fibromyalgia Pain
Coping with fibromyalgiaModern culture puts overwhelming focus on life optimism and leaves little room to talk about the other side and sorrow some people feel. I often ask myself why the freedom to express pain without feeling like you are burdening someone is gone, especially since pain is often a...
- Is the Epstein-Barr Virus a Contributor to Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis has been known as an individual disease since 1868, when it was identified by Jean-Martin Charcot, a French neurologist. Ever since then, the cause of multiple sclerosis has not been identified.Theories as to the causes of multiple sclerosis came about during the twentieth...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Daniel Bosshart Other221 JERICHO TPKE SYOSSET NY 11791
- Sinha A. MonsurHealth Sciences Center Stony Brook New York 11790
- Dr. Salvatore Daniel Buffa M.D.48 NY-25A Smithtown New York 11787
- Ms. Ellen S. Steinberg M.D.HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER L4 #060 STONY BROOK NY 11794
- Jay A. Curtin270 Park Avenue Huntington New York 11743