Dr. Kathleen Stewart is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Winchester, VA. Dr. Stewart specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
University of Virginia / Main Campus 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Kathleen A Stewart M.D.'s Practice location
Winchester, VA 22601Get Direction
Dr. Kathleen A Stewart M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Superheroes Unite For Elementary Student Fighting Lymphoma
Anyone diagnosed with cancer knows how terrifying and debilitating the news can be. Now just imagine how horrible an experience it would be for an elementary school student to hear that they have cancer.It is a sad fact that thousands of children are diagnosed with cancer every year, and it is...
- The Link Between Lymphoma Radiotherapy and Mesothelioma
One of the more common forms of treatment for lymphoma is radiotherapy. This involves using radiation to kill the cancer cells in the lymph nodes. New studies have produced concerning findings regarding radiation therapy, and point towards another induced risk of using the practice.The StudyThe...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Treatments for Multiple Myeloma
The cancer care crew discusses what treatment will suit you after multiple myeloma has been diagnosed and staged. The following are treatments used in multiple myeloma:...
- What Specialists Treat Multiple Myeloma?
If you suffer from multiple myeloma, which a rare form of blood cancer, one of the most crucial decisions you will have to make is choosing a doctor who specializes in multiple myeloma. A hematologist-oncologist is the specialist you need who will manage your cancer throughout the cycle of...
- Teen with Hodgkin Lymphoma Skates with Her Hero, Mario Lemieux
Lillian Tarasiewicz was diagnosed with stage 3B Hodgkin lymphoma in October of 2015. She currently resides in South Carolina, but because of her father’s Pennsylvania background, she grew up with a love for hockey and for the Pittsburgh Penguins. She always felt a special connection to Mario...
- Dr. William B Major M.D.1870 Amherst Street Winchester VA 22601
- Dr. Lee Resta M.D.8501 Arlington Blvd Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. Nicholas W Gemma M.D.1870 Amherst Street Winchester VA 22601
- Dr. Matthew Page Jones MD2000 Foundation Way Martinsburg WV 25401
- Dr. Richard M Ingram M.D.1870 Amherst Street Winchester VA 22601
- Dr. William A Houck M.D.1870 Amherst Street Winchester VA 22601