Dr. Jimi Benson is an internist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Benson specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Benson provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Howard University Medical School MD
- Howard University College of Medicine,Washington, Dc, United States
Dr. Jimi O. Benson M.D.'s Practice location
San Diego, CA 92139Get Direction
Dr. Jimi O. Benson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Benson
- What is Interstitial Cystitis?
Interstitial cystitis, also known as painful bladder syndrome, is a chronic condition of the urinary bladder that causes extreme pain and discomfort. It mostly affects women, but may be seen in men as well. Interstitial cystitis often causes mild to severe pain in and around the pelvic area....
- Should I Receive a Flu Shot this Year?
The common flu, or influenza, is an illness that affects about 20% of the population throughout the country every year. This seemingly harmless virus may lead to a number of health complications, which can be life threatening. Flu shots are one of the most efficient ways to prevent this viral...
- Running Barefoot Has More Benefits
Running barefoot may be more beneficial than running with cushioned shoes, according to a study published in, Nature. Runners using cushioned shoes usually land on their heels when those running barefoot may land flat-foot or on the balls of their feet, say researchers. According to Daniel...
- Why is Cord Blood Banking Important?
Cord blood banking is the method of preserving cord blood, which is blood taken from the umbilical cord after the delivery. Cord blood contains hefty amounts of stem cells, which are potential life-saying cells for numerous diseases. Collecting cord blood is a painless procedure, and is considered...
- What's the Difference Between Salt and Sodium?
IntroductionWhen people say salt, they usually mean the common table salt. Salt is a mineral that is mainly composed of sodium chloride (NaCl). To distinguish table salt from a class of chemical compounds called salts, the terms rock salt or the mineral name halite is used. Sodium is also...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Dr. Nayana Trivedi M.D.9850 GENESEE AVE LA JOLLA CA 92037
- Dr. Brij Gupta M.D.2001 4TH AVE SAN DIEGO CA 92101
- Facika Tafara MD823 Gateway Center Way San Diego CA 92102
- Dr. Lisa J. Wastila M.D.200 WEST ARBOR DRIVE SAN DIEGO CA 92103
- Unna N. McPherson-Albers8939 Villa La Jolla Drive La Jolla California 92037
- Dr. John L. Person M.D.2929 Health Center Drive San Diego California 92123