Dr. Christopher Walsh practices Radiation Oncology in Montross, VA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Walsh specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny MD
University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences 1985
- Reported adverse event cases of methemoglobinemia associated with benzocaine
- Reported medication errors associated with methotrexate.
- Impact of organic and conventional management on the phyllosphere microbial ecology of an apple crop.
- Bacterial community diversity and variation in spray water sources and the tomato fruit surface.
- Comparing source of agricultural contact water and the presence of fecal
- Solanum lycopersicum (tomato) hosts robust phyllosphere and rhizosphere bacterial communities when grown in soil amended with various organic and synthetic fertilizers.
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- WALTHAM WESTON HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER
Dr. Christopher S. Walsh M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Christopher S. Walsh M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Recovery Like for Radiation Therapy?
After undergoing radiation therapy, the patient will be instructed on what to do, the appointments to keep, and everything they will need to know to make a full and safe recovery. Recovery usually depends on a lot of factors, but the following are some of the important ones:...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which turned about to be stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...