Dr. Anthony Ficarra is an optometrist practicing in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Ficarra specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Ficarra performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
- Assessment of intraocular pressure in children by digital tension.
- Oculomotor rehabilitation for reading in acquired brain injury.
- Binocular advantage and visual processing in dyslexic and control children as measured by visual evoked potentials.
- Age and binocular advantage: A VEP assessment.
- A study of perceptual and verbal skills of disabled readers in grades 4, 5 and 6.
- Effect of luminance on visual evoked potential amplitudes in normal and disabled readers.
Dr. Anthony P Ficarra OD's Practice location
Cincinnati, OH 45220Get Direction
COLD SPRING, KY 41076Get Direction
Dr. Anthony P Ficarra OD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Cataracts
A cataract is blurring of the lens of the eye. The lens is oval-shaped and mostly consists of water and protein. It is located at the back of the iris and pupil. The lens protein molecules are organized in a way that makes it clear so that light can pass through it to the retina. The focus of the...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Eyelid Twitching and Stress
What is eyelid twitching?Eyelid twitching or myokymia is an involuntary eyelid spasm. The upper lid is usually affected, but spasms can also occur in the lower lid or both lids. Eyelid twitching is often mild for most people. However, others may experience stronger spasms, which may force their lids...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- What are Bilateral Cataracts?
The lenses of healthy eyes are usually clear. Cataracts occur when a person's lenses become cloudy and opaque. Cataracts can affect both eyes at the same time, called bilateral cataracts. Bilateral cataracts are very common, but cataracts must occur on their own and cannot spread from one eye to the...
- Craig L. McManis1064 State Route 28 Milford Ohio 45150
- Dr. Kevin T Corcoran OD1945 Cei Dr Cincinnati OH 45242
- Dr. Larry G Rutledge O.D.1107 Allen Dr Milford OH 45150
- Dr. George Georgilis O.D.92 Alexandria Pike Fort Thomas KY 41075
- Dr. Daniele P Saltarelli O.D.3333 Burnet Ave Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Ian M. Carr OD8340 Colerain Ave Cincinnati OH 45239