Dr. Jamal Rahaman M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Gynecologic Oncology1136 5th Ave Suite 1b New York NY, 10128
Jamal Rahaman, MD, DGO, FACS, FACOG Dr. Rahaman previously served as the Fellowship Director in the Division of Gynecologic Oncology and the Director of the Gynecologic Oncology Chemotherapy Servi ... ...
Education and Training
Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of The West Indies (Jamaica) MD 2
Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of The West Indies (Jamaica) 1984
Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of The West Indies (Jamaica)
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG- Gynecologic Oncology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- 2008 Biltmore Who's Who
- 2002 New York Magazine
- 2002-2008 Top Doctors in New York Metro Area, Castle Conolly Medical
- 2001 CREOG/ACOG National Faculty Teaching Award for Residency Education
- Lincoln Medical Center 1990 Resident of the Year Award
- 1984 Class Prize in Internal Medicine
- 1979 University of the West Indies Open Scholarship
- 1979 Trinidad and Tobago National Scholarship
- 2008-2012 New York Super Doctors
- Cervical Cancer, Cone Biopsy (conization), Cervical Dysplasia And More
- Member Society of Gynecologic Oncologists
- Member International Gynecologic Cancer Society
- Member American College of Surgeons
- Member American Society of Clinical Oncolgy
- Member Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Member American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Member American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Member New York Obstetrics Society
- Lincoln Med Center 1985
- Obs/ Gyn, Mount Hope Women's Hospital
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
- Texas Heart Institute
- Mount Hope Women's Hospital
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Jamal Rahaman M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10128Get Direction
Dr. Jamal Rahaman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rahaman
- Why Is Hereditary Ovarian Cancer Risk on the Rise in India?
Ovarian cancer is one of the more serious cancers which can affect women. It is the seventh most common cause of cancer in women, affecting one in twenty-eight women. The symptoms can be difficult to detect, as they mimic the effects of other, less dangerous diseases. When caught early, most women...
- Which Specialist Performs a Hysterectomy?
In the U.S., hysterectomies are second only to cesarean deliveries among the most widely-adopted surgical practices, and the number of women opting to go under the knife exceeds half a million annually. Your choice of specialist for the surgery depends entirely on the nature and seriousness of the...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- What Happens if I Miss My Baby's Due Date?
An overdue pregnancy is a pregnancy that continues for more than 42 weeks. Overdue pregnancy is also referred to as post-term or prolonged pregnancy. The cause of overdue pregnancy is still not known. There are cases where it’s because of genetic predisposition. Recurrence of overdue pregnancy is...
- What to Expect During the Second Trimester of Pregnancy
When a woman gets pregnant, there are numerous physical changes that occur in her body. These changes are essential to support fetal development and prepare the body for labor.Most women consider the second trimester as the easiest months during pregnancy. This is their favorite time of their...
- Dr. Peter Guirguis M.D.464 77th Street Brooklyn New York 11209
- Anat Zelmanovich509 East 77th Street New York New York 10075
- Kristin DiGregorio420 E 61st St New York NY 10065
- Dr. Janelle Luk M.D.123 W 79th St New York NY 10022
- Dr. Lucy Tamar Tovmasian M.D.420 Grand Ave Englewood NJ 07631
- Dr. Miller Vaca M.D.1065 Southern Blvd Bronx NY 10459