Dr. Ankur Desai is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Rome, NY. Dr. Desai specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Desai can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Desai can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1992
SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine 1992
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Allegheny Univ Hosps, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. Ankur Desai MD's Practice location
Rome, NY 13440Get Direction
Dr. Ankur Desai MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- Are IUDs More Effective Than Oral Contraceptives?
According to experts, intrauterine devices (IUDs) are more effective than the morning after pills in contraception. A recent study has shown that morning after pills have a higher rate of failure, when compared to the coils, a small copper device that is placed in the womb by a trained nurse or...
- Braxton-Hicks vs. Real Contractions
Braxton-Hicks contractionsBraxton-Hicks contractions are contractions in the uterus that can occur before real contractions, usually in the third trimester but can begin in the second trimester, too. They are named after John Braxton Hicks, an English physician who described these contractions in...
- What Could an Itchy Vulva Mean?
IntroductionThe vulva is the external part of the female genitalia, which includes the skin between the anus and the vagina, and the lips of the vagina. An itchy vulva is medically called pruritus vulvae. It is normal for women to experience a slight vulvar itch, but if you have an uncomfortable...
- Antibiotic Use by Pregnant Women Is a Risk Factor for Crohn’s and Colitis, Study Says
The correct use of antibiotics for treating medical conditions can be a hot topic of discussion. While many antibiotics provide powerful relief for a variety of conditions, there is some discussion about the negative side effects that can occur with the use of certain antibiotics. According to a...
- What Are the Signs of Pregnancy?
Some of the signs of pregnancy may start early even when it is too soon to take a pregnancy test at home. Some of the first signs of pregnancy include breast tenderness, frequent urination, and fatigue. These may not be enough to tell that a person is pregnant or not, and a pregnancy test or...
- Dr. Firooz Ravangard MD1656 Champlin Avenue Utica New York 13502
- Dr. Marc A Feiner M.D.1522 Old Burrstone Rd Utica NY 13502
- Dr. Monideepa Baruah M.D.1729 Burrstone Rd New Hartford NY 13413
- Dr. Joseph N Muok M.D.1729 Burrstone Rd New Hartford NY 13413
- Dr. James L Pfeiff MD139 Fields Dr Oneida NY 13421
- Dr. Kwaku Amankwah M.D.1729 Burrstone Rd New Hartford NY 13413