Dr. Taral R Sharma M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry130 Highway 252 Anderson SC, 29621
Dr. Sharma is currently an inpatient psychiatrist at Patrick B. Harris Psychiatric Hospital in Anderson, South Carolina. He also provides outpatient services at Piedmont Center for Mental Health Services ...
Education and Training
Government Medical College, Karnatak University, Bellary, Mysore India Medicine & Surgery 2005
University of Findlay Healthcare Management 2008
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- 2013
- A 75-year-old Caucasian man with unusual presentation of myasthenia gravis.
- Sensory loss and complex joint pain in an adult male.
- Tingling and swelling on the left side of a patient's neck.
- Citalopram-induced seizures in a healthy adult taking an FDA-approved dosage: a case report.
- Sudden onset of confusion and visual disturbances.
- Coprophagia and pica in individuals with mild to moderate dementia and mixed (iron deficiency and macrocytic) anemia.
- Gradual onset of left-sided temporal headache and ptosis.
- Case of borderline personality disorder in a 23 year old male with history of Klinefelter syndrome.
- Dose dependent, new onset QTc prolongation in a patient with paranoid schizophrenia receiving Clozapine.
- Alcohol-induced psychotic disorder in a 42-year-old female patient.
- Priapism lasting 19 hours with combined use of trazodone and mirtazapine in a patient with history of successfully tolerating each agent as monotherapy.
- Controversies in the use of second generation antipsychotics as sleep agent.
- Alprazolam withdrawal delirium and brief reversible psychosis: a case report.
- A case of dental pain.
- "Hearing Voices and Seeing Sparkles": A Case of Orbitofrontal Syndrome in a 59-Year-Old Man.
- Brief Reversible Psychosis and Altered Mental Status in a Patient With Folate Deficiency: A Case Report.
- Scopolamine for Management of Extrapyramidal Side Effects as a Result of
- Resident teacher of the year2013Carilion Clinic - Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Outstanding resident of the year2012, 2013Carilion Clinic - Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Outstanding resident research2013Carilion Clinic - Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Clinical teacher of the year2014VCOM - Carolinas Campus
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Medication Management
- Group Psychotherapy
- Suboxone Treatment
- Cognitive Bahvioral Therapy
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Psychiatric Medication Management
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Psychoeducational Testing
- Counseling-child And Adolescent
- Mental Wellness
- Mental Health Therapy
- Behavior Modification
- Behavior Therapy
- Behavioral Problems
- Behavioral Therapy
- Carilion Clinic - Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine Psychiatry Residency Program Adult Psychiatry 2013
- American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology Clinical Trials Management 2012
- American College of Psychoanalysts Psychoanalysis 2013
Dr. Taral R Sharma M.D.'s Practice location
Anderson, SC 29621Get Direction
Simpsonville, SC 29681Get Direction
Anderson, SC 29621Get Direction
Dr. Taral R Sharma M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sharma
Very kind and passionate.
- How Is Autism Diagnosed?
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) describes a specific set of developmental and behavioral problems that affect an individual's behavior, as well as an individual's social and communication skills. A diagnosis of ASD means that your child’s social and communication skills, as well as play skills, are...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anxiety Disorder
It’s quite normal to feel nervous and have butterflies in your stomach before going to a job interview, a blind date or making an important decision. This anxiousness is body’s natural response to stress and danger. It is an automatic alarm that rings when you feel threatened, under pressure, or...
- Wellbutrin Weight Loss: How Does Wellbutrin Work for Weight Loss?
What is Wellbutrin?Wellbutrin is a brand name of bupropion. It is an antidepressant and is mainly used to treat seasonal depression and major depressive disorder. It works by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. ...
- The Connection Between Seasonal Affective Disorder and Fibromyalgia
With winter on everyone's doorstep and the snow that comes with it, there are a few people who cannot enjoy the winter as much as other people for one reason or another.For those who have seasonal affective disorder, they usually do not feel as comfortable as others once the weather changes....
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust of closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at surfaces that have small clustered holes. Few of the examples would be the head of the lotus seed pod or the body of a...
- Dr. Amara Sania Chudhary M.D.1970 Roanoke Blvd Salem VA 24153
- Dr. Rodolfo Jose Valverde haeussler MD130 Highway 252 Anderson SC 29621
- Dr. Kashfia D Hossain MD400 N Fant St Anderson SC 29621
- Dr. Dennis Chipman MD130 Highway 252 Anderson SC 29621
- Dr. Khizar Khan MD400 N Fant St Anderson SC 29621
- Dr. Julian A Bravo M.D.200 McGee Rd Anderson SC 29625