Dr. Peter Zage is a pediatric hematologist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Zage specializes in treating children that have a blood disease or cancer. Such blood diseases include disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells and/or platelets. The types of cancers that Dr. Zage treats include leukemias, lymphomas and certain tumors. Dr. Zage can also treat bleeding disorders in children. Pediatric hematologists can be found in childrens hospitals, community hospitals, university medical centers and more.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Outcomes of the POG 9340/9341/9342 trials for children with high-risk neuroblastoma: a report from the Children's Oncology Group.
- UBE4B protein couples ubiquitination and sorting machineries to enable epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) degradation.
- Etoposide-loaded immunoliposomes as active targeting agents for GD2-positive malignancies.
- The novel kinase inhibitor EMD1214063 is effective against neuroblastoma.
- CD114 Expression Mediates Melanoma Tumor Cell Growth and Treatment Resistance.
- Sensitivity of neuroblastoma to the novel kinase inhibitor cabozantinib is mediated by ERK inhibition.
- A Polymorphism in the FGFR4 Gene Is Associated With Risk of Neuroblastoma and Altered Receptor Degradation.
- Binimetinib inhibits MEK and is effective against neuroblastoma tumor cells with low NF1 expression.
- Neuroblastoma patient outcomes, tumor differentiation, and ERK activation are correlated with expression levels of the ubiquitin ligase UBE4B.
- Nifurtimox Is Effective Against Neural Tumor Cells and Is Synergistic with Buthionine Sulfoximine.
- CD114: A New Member of the Neural Crest-Derived Cancer Stem Cell Marker Family.
- The novel kinase inhibitor ponatinib is an effective anti-angiogenic agent against neuroblastoma.
- Overview and recent advances in the treatment of neuroblastoma.
Dr. Peter E. Zage M.D.'s Practice location
SAN DIEGO, CA 92123Get Direction
Dr. Peter E. Zage M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Five Biggest Challenges Louis Faces as a Man with Autism
At the age of two and a half, Louis Scarantino was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome – a form of autism. He was nonverbal until the age of four or five. His condition left an indelible mark on his life, making it more difficult for him to experience life in the early years the same way in which...
- Flakka: A Gravel Guised Fatal Drug
Flakka, an addictive drug that looks similarly to gravel is considered to be closely related with the synthetic cathinone. The drug is known to cause long-lasting damage to the brain cells and can alter the brain's chemistry in such a way that users can lose touch with reality. Having manufactured...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- How Is Leukemia Diagnosed?
Leukemia in its early stages may present no signs or symptoms, as these only appear when the leukemia cells have taken over a large number of normal blood cells. A person with leukemia is very lucky indeed if early-stage detection occurs incidentally, through a routine blood test or one done for...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Dr. Parth Mehta M.D.1102 Bates Ave Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Patrick A Thompson MD6701 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Miss Chrystal U Louis MD6701 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Nabil M Ahmed MD6701 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Kathryn Leung MD6701 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Murali Chintagumpala MD6701 Fannin St Houston TX 77030