Dr. Paula Jean Rookis MD
Urologist2022 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Suite 305 Birmingham AL, 35209
Dr. Paula Rookis is a urologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Rookis specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1988
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Enlarged Prostate
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Stress Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Urology; Univ Of Al Hosp, General Surgery; Baptist Hlth System Inc, General Surgery
Dr. Paula Jean Rookis MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35209Get Direction
HOMEWOOD, AL 35209Get Direction
Dr. Paula Jean Rookis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rookis
- What is Bladder Cancer: Get the Facts
What is Bladder Cancer?: Get the FactsBladder cancer is a condition caused by Bladder abnormal tissue/cell growth also known as tumor. As its name suggests, Bladder Cancer occurs as a result of abnormal growth of cells lining the Bladder. The tumor spreads into the adjacent muscles and other cells...
- When Should I Get Checked for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer is more likely to occur in men aged between forty and seventy years old. It is, therefore, important that you should always be on alert in case any symptoms begin to show. This prompts a visit to the doctor within the quickest possible time.Deciding on whether or not to be screened...
- What Is Toviaz?
Generic Name: FesoterodineBrand Name: ToviazWhat is Toviaz?Toviaz is a medication for the treatment of spasms that occur in the bladder muscles. The generic name of Toviaz is fesoterodine. This drug is mostly used for the treatment of an overactive bladder and other accompanying symptoms such...
- Is It Healthy To Be Circumcised?
Is It Healthy To Be Circumcised?Circumcision is a quick and simple surgical procedure that is done to remove the foreskin of the male penis. It is performed at different ages although in most cases it is done during adolescence. The procedure has a few risks such as bleeding. However, it is...
- How Is Genital Herpes Transmitted?
Genital herpes is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases. It is associated with blisters or sores on the genitals. People with genital herpes may also experience flu-like symptoms. Most people with genital herpes may not experience any symptoms and may go on living normally without...
- Saw Palmetto Health Benefits: Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
What is saw palmetto?Saw palmetto is a type of palm tree mostly found in Florida and other Southeastern states. Florida's Seminole tribe used to eat the saw palmetto fruit as part of their diet and treated various medical conditions including reproductive and urinary problems, which are associated...
- Dr. Rodney L Dennis M.D.3485 Independence Dr Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Thomas E Moody M.D.3485 Independence Dr Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Brian S Christine M.D.3485 Independence Dr Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Peter N Kolettis MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Joseph Erik Busby M.D.619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. John T Wilbanks MD1010 1st St N Alabaster AL 35007