Dr. Martha Fernandez is an anesthesiologist practicing in Lake Charles, LA. Dr. Fernandez ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Fernandez also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ Central Del Este (Uce)- Esc De Med- San Pedro De MacOris 2000
- Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med, Anesthesiology; Uams-Area Hlth Educ Ctrs, Family Medicine
Dr. Martha Elizabeth Fernandez M.D.'s Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
JACKSON, MS 39216Get Direction
Dr. Martha Elizabeth Fernandez M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Are Imaging Tests Used For Bloody Urine?
The external physical examination is over, and a detailed medical history has been discussed with the doctor. The next step - urinalysis of the latest urine sample - indicates more than three red blood cells occupying the microscopic viewing arena. The dipstick test shows the presence of blood in...
- Urine Culture and Sensitivity Test: What Is It?
Urine Culture and Sensitivity TestA urine culture is a laboratory test that can identify specific types of germs that cause urinary tract infections. A urinary tract infection occurs when bacteria enter the urinary system through the urethra. Bacteria can rapidly grow and multiply, and cause an...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Lori Hill Marshall M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Arthur L Calimaran M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Olga Ostrovsky M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Todd Versteegh M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Ramarao Takkallapalli M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Cassie Kennedy Burns M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605