Dr. Donald Mullis is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Asheville, NC. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Mullis is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami Fl 1972
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Orthopedic Surgery; Fitzsimons Army Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University Miami Jackson Meml Hospital 1973
Dr. Donald L Mullis M.D.'s Practice location
Asheville, NC 28801Get Direction
Dr. Donald L Mullis M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How to prevent Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common problem encountered by many people especially middle aged and elderly individuals. It has many causes, from acute injuries to complications of medical conditions, such as arthritis. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.Knee pain is generally divided...
- Is Sepsis a Chronic Condition?
Sepsis is a life-threatening condition, which is a result of the body’s reaction to an infection. Your body can respond to an infection by going into overdrive despite its immune system’s protection against diseases and infections.Sepsis is a dangerous condition where the body fights an...
- Abdominal Pain: Is It Appendicitis?
The abdomen is the part of your body below your chest and above the pelvic region, and any pain in this area is referred to as abdominal pain. Almost everybody would have experienced pain in the abdomen one time or another. Most causes are harmless and can be diagnosed and treated easily. However,...
- When Do You Need to See a Sports Medicine Doctor?
IntroductionPeople of all ages may engage in sports as a pastime for enjoyment or athletic competition. However, participating in sports can also sometimes result in injuries. Effectively and quickly attending to these injuries make it possible for athletes to recover and return doing sports.Sports...
- Alternative Treatments for Sepsis
Sepsis is caused by a bacterial infection that can begin anywhere in our body. Our immune system goes into overdrive, creating turmoil in the normal processes of our blood circulation. As a result, very small blood clots form, blocking the blood flow to vital organs. This can lead to organ failure,...
- 5 Tips to Prevent Shin Splints
What are shin splints?Shin splints are characterized by pain along the inner portion of the shin bone (the long bone below the knee). Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). They commonly occur in people who participate in strenuous physical activities and sports such as...
- Dr. Gregory S Motley MD21 Turtle Creek Dr Asheville NC 28803
- Dr. Charles Joseph Mcgraw M.D.600 Julian Lane Arden NC 28704
- Dr. Nathaniel Jablecki M.D.2695 HENDERSONVILLE RD STE 200 ARDEN NC 28704
- Dr. Michael Patrick Shea M.D.60 Livingston St Asheville NC 28801
- Dr. Robert Boykin M.D.75B LIVINGSTON ST ASHEVILLE NC 28801
- Dr. Andrew Douglas Kersten MD21 TURTLE CREEK DR ASHEVILLE NC 28803