Dr. Iva Zivna M.D.
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease55 Lake Ave N Department Of Infect Worcester MA, 01655
Dr. Iva Zivna is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Worcester, MA. Dr. Zivna specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Charles Univ, Praha 1995
Charles Univ, Praha
Charles University Faculty of Medicine 1995
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- 2004 Edward H. Kass Award for Clinical Excellnce
- MemberUMass Memorial Medical Group
- Univ Of Ma Med Sch, Infectious Diseases; Univ Of Ma Med Sch, Internal Medicine
- Umass Memorial Med Center
- UMass Memorial Medical Center 2000
- UMass Memorial Medical Center - UMass Graduate Medical Education (Infectious Diseases)
Dr. Iva Zivna M.D.'s Practice location
Worcester, MA 01655Get Direction
Dr. Iva Zivna M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zivna
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Is Dengue Fever Fatal?
Dengue fever, a viral infection spread by the Aedes Aegypti mosquito, which causes acute body pain, raging fever and a slew of rashes and spots covering the body, but rarely progresses far enough to claim lives. Fatalities only occur when typical dengue develops into more serious conditions such as...
- What Are the Symptoms of AIDS?
Acquired Immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, is a disease that develops in the advanced stages of infection by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Infection by HIV weakens the immune system of the person by destroying the CD4 cells, the primary infection fighters of the body. A person is said to...
- Is Cholera Curable?
Cholera is a dangerous infection that - upon development in the body of a human being - causes severe symptoms that can be fatal if not treated early and correctly. This infection is mostly characterized by watery diarrhea, which is the most common symptom of the infection. Watery diarrhea is a...
- Lyme Disease and Multiple Sclerosis: What Is the Link?
Multiple sclerosis and lyme disease have similar symptoms such as fatigue, dizziness, and numbness of the hands and legs. Although they share similar symptoms, these diseases are quite different in nature from each other. Lyme disease: what is it? Lyme disease is the result of a tick bite. The tick...
- Herpes Simplex Virus: The Cause of Cold Sores
Herpes simplex is a retrovirus that infects humans. The virus is passed from one person to another through direct physical contact or contact with anything that has come in contact with saliva or other body fluids of an infected person.Once the virus enters the body, it has a clever mechanism to...
- Dr. Alwyn Rapose MBBS123 Summer St Worcester MA 01608
- Dr. Roseanne C. Labarre M.D.130 Lincoln St Worcester MA 01605
- Dr. Douglas T Golenbock M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Steven Hatch MD55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Joyce D Fingeroth M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Karin Ingrid Hjalmarson MD115 Lincoln St Framingham MA 01702