Dr. Eric William Jahnke M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1311 S Miller St Suite 101 Santa Maria CA, 93454
Dr. Eric Jahnke is a gastroenterologist practicing in Santa Maria, CA. Dr. Jahnke specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Jahnke performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1978
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Hepatitis C
- H. Pylori
- Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Santa Barbara Cottage Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital Program
Dr. Eric William Jahnke M.D.'s Practice location
Santa Maria, CA 93454Get Direction
Dr. Eric William Jahnke M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jahnke
- Celiac Disease and Rice: Is It Gluten-Free?
The only way to keep the symptoms of celiac disease in check is to avoid any and all exposure to gluten. For those suffering from this disease, even skin exposure with the protein can be enough to trigger a violent immune response that may cause symptoms. If consumed, gluten can trigger an internal...
- Celiac Diagnoses Are Soaring. What's Behind This Surge?
It's true. Many people today have dietary restrictions. Some may have an allergy to nuts, while others might not eat meat or dairy. One diet that is very popular right now is the gluten-free diet. The number of people that are on a gluten-free diet today is only increasing. In fact, as many as 3.1...
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation Applauds New York State Restroom Access Legislation
People with Crohn’s and colitis understand the pain of being stuck in public with no restrooms available. The need to visit the restroom can be great, but nothing is publicly available, and upon asking an employee: “Sorry, there are no public restrooms in this building.”Perhaps because of...
- New Blood Test May Help to Differentiate Between Celiac and Gluten Sensitivity
Celiac disease is a rare autoimmune illness, where the immune system starts attacking the outer layer of intestine once gluten is ingested. However, people complaining about gastrointestinal problems after gluten consumption far exceed the number of people living with celiac, these are mostly people...
- Are Blood Transfusions and Celiac Disease Related?
Celiac disease is a dangerous autoimmune disease that is triggered by the consumption of foods that have gluten, which is commonly found in wheat, barley and rye; when people with celiac disease consume foods with gluten, a reaction is triggered that forces the immune system to respond by damaging...
- Children's Film "Peter Rabbit" Under Fire for Controversial Scene Exploiting Food Allergies
The film Peter Rabbit is a modern take on the classic children's story. But, this film isn't without controversy. Parents of children with food allergies, and even parents of children with celiac disease, have recently decided to boycott the film altogether.But, why?It started when snippets from the...
- Dr. Igor J Nastaskin MD116 S Palisade Dr Santa Maria CA 93454
- Dr. Bruce F Mize M.D.116 S Palisade Dr Santa Maria CA 93454
- Dr. Robert Evans MD116 S Palisade Dr Santa Maria CA 93454
- Dr. Paramjit Singh Benipal MD116 S Palisade Dr Santa Maria CA 93454
- Dr. Thomas P Hsia MD525 E Plaza Santa Maria CA 93454
- Dr. Atul B Vachhani MD525 E Plaza Dr Santa Maria CA 93454