Dr. Melinda Molin is a general surgeon practicing in Portland, ME. Dr. Molin specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Molin provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Pa Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1980
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania 1980
State University of New York Upstate Medical University
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Breast Cancer
- Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Plastic Surgery; U Hosp-Suny Hlth S C-Bklyn, General Surgery; Univ Of Pa Hlth System, General Surgery
- Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati Program
Dr. Melinda Molin MD's Practice location
Portland, ME 04101Get Direction
Dr. Melinda Molin MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Risks of an Appendectomy?
Sometimes the appendix develops complications. When that happens, the patient usually experiences intense pain in the lower abdomen. This requires immediate medical attention to prevent the appendix from bursting. This whole emergency condition is known as appendicitis.Appendicitis refers to the...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- Recovering from a Laparoscopy
Patients who have undergone laparoscopic surgery tell of different stories. They have varying views and opinions. Some say it is a harrowing experience, while others consider laparoscopy a minor surgery. It really all depends on the individual, because every human being responds differently to...
- How Is Liver Cancer Diagnosed?
How is Liver Cancer Diagnosed?Liver cancer is a common type of cancer which begins in the liver cells, or hepatocytes. Liver cancer is a cancer which affects one of the largest and most important organs of the body. Liver cancer is type of cancer which, when diagnosed at early stages, can be...
- 5 Treatments for Excessive Sweating
What is excessive sweating?Excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. Abnormal and excessive sweating is not necessarily related to a rise in body temperature or intensive exercises. In this condition, sweating is so excessive that it tends to soak the clothes of an individual. At times,...
- Dr. Benjamin Lincoln Russell DO195 Fore River Pkwy Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Lisa A Rutstein MD887 Congress St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Christopher David Rogers DO195 Fore River Pkwy Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Juan M Palma-vargas MD887 CONGRESS ST PORTLAND ME 04102
- Dr. Sydney R Jones Other185 CALEB ST PORTLAND ME 04102
- Dr. Adam S Gorra M.D.22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102