Dr. James Barlow is a dermatologist practicing in Surprise, AZ. Dr. Barlow specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Barlow diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Univ of Nv Sch of Med, Reno Nv 2000
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine 2000
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Repair of two large adjacent cheek wounds.
- The tissue efficiency of common reconstructive design and modification.
- The placement of structural cartilage grafts under full-thickness skin grafts: a
- Modifying the Burow's triangles of traditional transposition flaps for the repair of adjacent nasal defects.
- The bifurcated nasolabial transposition flap.
- Using en face inking to define and prevent embedding errors in Mohs specimens.
- Quick saturation of a cotton tip applicator using a handheld cryosurgical spray device.
- Using en face ink to guide the conservative sectioning of a Mohs margin.
- The fingernail cocktail: improving preoperative preparation for nail procedures.
- Repair of a Large Heminasal Defect.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Contact Dermatitis
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Natural Hormone Balancing
- Mayo Cli Scottsdale, Dermatology; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Transitional Year
Dr. James Orson Barlow M.D.'s Practice location
Surprise, AZ 85374Get Direction
SURPRISE, AZ 85374Get Direction
Dr. James Orson Barlow M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Keys to Beauty Sleep
According to a study published in the British Medical Journal, proper sleep is the true secret to healthy-looking skin. The study shows that sleep deprivation can be detected by the look of the face. Photos of sleep-deprived people, shown to the participants of the study, were rated as less...
- Self Tanner Use Might Deprive You of Vitamin D
Sunless tanners, or self tanners, that provide a fake tan reduces the exposure to UV radiations considerably, according to a new study published in the journal, Archives of Dermatology. Using creams and sprays that provide the fake tan cuts down the sunbathing and tanning bed use. According to...
- What Causes Petechiae?
What is petechia?The definition of petechia falls under the category of hemorrhaging. A petechia, or more commonly used in Latin plural, petechiae, are microscopically small dots which appear beneath the skin surface in red, brown or purple color. We refer to them in plural because they are barely...
- What Is Acne: Get the Facts
Acne is a condition that affects the oil glands of the skin. The pores connect to oil glands underneath the skin. These glands form an oily substance referred to as sebum. The pores then link to the glands via a canal known as the follicle. Inside these follicles, oil transports dead skin cells...
- How to Use Sunscreen
Sunscreens are products that protect the skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiations. Ultraviolet (UV) radiations from the sun, UVA and UVB, are known to damage the skin causing premature aging and even skin cancer. There are different types of sunscreens available in the market and the...
- A New Treatment for Dandruff
Getting to the root of dandruffComplete treatment of dandruff has been an elusive dream for many people. Over-the-counter shampoos and scalp treatments are the most common approach for controlling dandruff. “But these methods are beneficial for those who have mild forms of dandruff and not severe...
- Ms. Brenda Marie Latowsky MD14155 N 83rd Ave Peoria AZ 85381
- Dr. Bryan Robert Updegraff MD13000 N 103rd Ave Sun City AZ 85351
- Dr. Rita M George MD14537 W Indian School Rd Goodyear AZ 85395
- Dr. Andrew Joseph Racette D.O.9305 W. Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85037
- Dr. Deborah Zell MD13943 N 91ST AVE PEORIA AZ 85381
- Dr. Richard L Averitte MD13995 W Statler Blvd Surprise AZ 85374