Dr. William Kovacs practices Endocrinology in Dallas, TX. Dr. Kovacs specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Kovacs examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Function of a truncated glucocorticoid receptor form at a negative glucocorticoid response element in the proopiomelanocortin gene.
- Androgen receptors in thymic epithelium modulate thymus size and thymocyte development.
- Effects of androgens on T and B lymphocyte development.
- Purification of brain peroxisomes and localization of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase.
- Bone marrow stromal cells mediate androgenic suppression of B lymphocyte development.
- Hormones, pregnancy, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Glucocorticoids enhance activation of the human type II 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta5-Delta4 isomerase gene.
- Epidermal growth factor increases cortisol production and type II 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/Delta(5)-Delta(4)-isomerase expression in human adrenocortical carcinoma cells: evidence for a Stat5-dependent mechanism.
- A novel mutation in the preprovasopressin gene identified in a kindred with autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus.
- Gene expression phenotyping of an ACTH-producing small cell lung cancer line.
- Editorial: Toward understanding variation in responsiveness to hormones.
- Quantitation and cellular localization of 11beta-HSD1 expression in murine thymus.
- Androgen deprivation induces phenotypic and functional changes in the thymus of adult male mice.
- Studies of immunological function in mice with defective androgen action.
- Evidence that androgens modulate human thymic T cell output.
- Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. William Joseph Kovacs MD's Practice location
Dallas, TX 75390Get Direction
HERSHEY, PA 17033Get Direction
Dr. William Joseph Kovacs MD's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a health condition in which the body’s metabolism becomes slow, leading to the feeling of fatigue. This is caused by an abnormally low amount of thyroid hormone in the blood. This deficiency is caused by an impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. People may develop this...
- Is Type 2 Diabetes Really Reversible?
Ever since it was discovered as a disease, diabetes has claimed the lives of many patients and complicated the ones of those who are still trying to coexist with the disease. Even those who actually go to great lengths to live with diabetes often have to make certain compromises in order to ensure...
- Why Screening and Treatment for Gestational Diabetes is Important
Can gestational diabetes affect the development and growth of the baby? Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes only develops during pregnancy, and most of the time, gestational diabetes is diagnosed during the last stage of pregnancy. If someone is diagnosed with diabetes during the earlier...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Diabetic Ketoacidosis?
An OverviewDiabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is considered to be one of the most severe metabolic imbalance associated with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Type 1 diabetes mellitus is also known as insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, wherein a patient depends upon external sources of insulin as its body is...
- Gastric Bypasses in Diabetic Patients May Reduce Long-Term Mortality Rates
For a long time, diabetes has been one of the most dangerous diseases when left untreated. This condition alters the way in which the body produces and reacts to insulin, the hormone which helps regulate blood sugar levels and plays a vital role in the person’s metabolism. Type 2 diabetes, the...
- Dr. Sumana Gangi M.D3500 Ih 30 Mesquite TX 75150
- Dr. Anita Raghuwanshi MD5201 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75235
- Dr. Dan Lender MD9330 Poppy Drive Dallas Texas 75218
- Dr. Steven George Dorfman M.D.10260 N Central Expy Dallas TX 75231
- Dr. Dora Marina Johnson M.D.433 Las Colinas Blvd E Irving TX 75039
- Dr. Stacie Lynn Bingaman MD400 W Arbrook Blvd Arlington TX 76014