Dr. Joseph Henry Matusic M.D.
Adolescent Specialist | Adolescent Medicine830 Pennsylvania Ave Suite 200 Charleston WV, 25302
Dr. Joseph Matusic is an adolescent specialist practicing in Charleston, WV. Dr. Matusic works with patients who are in the adolescent age, or generally between the ages of 11 and 19 years old. As an adolescent-specialist, Dr. Matusic treats many common health issues that pre-teens and teenagers face, from mental, to behavioral, to physical conditions. Some of these issues may include growth and hormone problems, sports injuries, eating disorders, substance abuse and more. Adolescent specialists perform medical exams, histories and diagnostic tests, and develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
Education and Training
Wv Univ Sch of Med, Morgantown Wv 1989
West Virginia University School of Medicine 1990
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Ear Infection
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Charleston Area Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- Charleston Area Med Center
- Charleston Area Medical Center/West Virginia University Program
Dr. Joseph Henry Matusic M.D.'s Practice location
Charleston, WV 25302Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Henry Matusic M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Matusic
- Your Risk of a Heart Attack Increases While Grieving
Mourning the death of a loved one will increase the risk of heart attack in the days immediately following the death of the loved one. The risk is elevated in the month that follows the loss, according to a new study. According to the researchers, this is the first study to see whether grieving can...
- How Long Can Bronchitis Last?
Bronchitis is an inflammation of the lungs, sometimes commonly known as a chest cold. It can range from mild to severe and can be an infection such as the common cold. Bacteria, exposure to smoke and chemical irritants may also cause bronchitis. The most common symptoms of bronchitis are cough,...
- Is Scabies a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)?
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)These are infections that can be passed from one person to another through anal sex, oral sex, and vaginal sex. Many people might have an STD, but they may not show symptoms. STDs are common in people. They can be dangerous, but most of them can be...
- Is Lyme Disease Preventable?
Preventive clothingForests and woodland areas present various dangers, including the possibility of getting bitten by a tick, which can lead to Lyme disease. Thankfully there is a solution to that potential problem, as you can wear appropriate clothing while outside to prevent tick bites.Make sure...
- The Link Between Playing Musical Instruments and Cystic Fibrosis
Vincent Forknor is an 8-year-old boy from Ramsey, Cambridge in the United Kingdom who has Cystic Fibrosis (CF). He has recently started playing the bagpipes, and his family has noticed an improvement in his CF symptoms since he began this new hobby. Vincent takes common CF medications and undergoes...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Dr. Stephen Barry Sondike MD830 Pennsylvania Ave Charleston WV 25302
- Ms. Ann M. Lambernedis M.D,303 Great Teays Blvd Scott Depot WV 25560
- Dr. Denise Nicole Young M.D.303 Great Teays Blvd Scott Depot WV 25560
- Dr. Afif S Habash MD4920 MACCORKLE AVE SE CHARLESTON WV 25304
- Mrs. Pamela S. Stallo M.D.303 Great Teays Blvd Scott Depot WV 25560