Dr. James Berrigan practices Emergency Medicine in Olathe, KS. Dr. Berrigan assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Berrigan examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1997
University of Wales in Great Britain 1997
- Denver Hlth Med Ctr, Emergency Medicine; Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- Denver Health and Hospital 1998
- University of Kansas School of Medicine Program
Dr. James P. Berrigan MD's Practice location
Dr. James P. Berrigan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Dr. Timothy J Chilcote MD9100 W 74th St Overland Park KS 66204
- Dr. Eduardo Guzman DO4401 Wornall Rd Kansas City MO 64111
- Dr. Christopher Bowser MD4401 Wornall Rd Kansas City MO 64111
- Dr. Michael Weaver MD4401 Wornall Road Kansas City MO 64111
- Dr. Robert Paul Lam MD1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City MO 64114
- Dr. Scott A Hollrah M.D.12300 Metcalf Ave Overland Park KS 66213