Kenneth A Labresh M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular DiseaseMasspro 245 Winter Street Waltham MA, 02451
Dr. Kenneth Labresh is a cardiologist practicing in Waltham, MA. Dr. Labresh specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Labresh also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1974
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- A collaborative model for hospital-based cardiovascular secondary prevention.
- Secondary prevention after coronary bypass: the American Heart Association "Get with the Guidelines" program.
- Using "get with the guidelines" to improve cardiovascular secondary prevention.
- Get with the guidelines for cardiovascular secondary prevention: pilot results.
- Aligning financial incentives with "Get With The Guidelines" to improve cardiovascular care.
- Get with the guidelines to improve heart care.
- Linking the hospital and the office in cardiovascular secondary prevention.
- Acute stroke care in the US: results from 4 pilot prototypes of the Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke Registry.
- Using "get with the guidelines" to prevent recurrent cardiovascular disease.
- The Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke Registry: initial results from four prototypes.
- Quality of acute stroke care improvement framework for the Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke Registry: facilitating policy and system change at the hospital level.
- Development of systems of care for ST-elevation myocardial infarction patients: gaps, barriers, and implications.
- Overview of the American Heart Association "Get with the Guidelines" programs: coronary heart disease, stroke, and heart failure.
- Impact of time of presentation on the care and outcomes of acute myocardial infarction.
- Sex differences in medical care and early death after acute myocardial infarction.
- Boston Va Hlthcare Sys-W Roxbu, Internal Medicine; Roger Williams Hosp, Internal Medicine
Kenneth A Labresh M.D.'s Practice location
Waltham, MA 02451Get Direction
Kenneth A Labresh M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Labresh
- Your Stress Can Trigger Another Heart Attack
According to a new study, survivors of a heart attack who get angry easily and are stressed out will have increased chances of another heart attack. In this study, about 50% of the heart attack survivors who had very high scores for anger and stress on the psychological tests had a fatal or...
- Are Statins Right for Me?
What is Statins?Statins are drugs prescribed by a doctor to lower cholesterol in the blood. Elevated amounts of cholesterol in blood may result in life-threatening conditions, like heart attacks and strokes. This type of drug is normally prescribed based on cholesterol levels after a blood test....
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Ventricular Tachycardia?
Tachycardia refers to rapid heartbeat, with more than 100 beats per minute. When this fast rhythm starts from the lower chambers of the heart (the ventricles) this condition is referred to as ventricular tachycardia. This fast beating heart rate may lead to a condition called ventricular...
- Stress Can Directly Affect a Woman's Heart
Results of a study presented in the Experimental Biology 2012 meeting in San Diego showed that coping with mental stress is harder on a woman's heart, when compared to that of men. Researcher Chester Ray, PhD, professor of medicine, and cellular and molecular physiology at Penn State's College of...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Avni Thakore M.D.88 E Newton St Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Marvin H. Kendrick131 Ornac Road Concord Massachusetts 1742
- Alanna Morris M.D.75 Francis St Boston MA 02115
- Philip Podrid MD1400 VFW PKWY WEST ROXBURY MA 02132
- Bernardo Nadal-Ginard334 Hammond Street Chestnut Hill Massachusetts 2467
- Ricardo C. Cury MD100 Charles River Plz Boston MA 02114