Dr. Stephanie Younger is a speech language pathologist practicing in WASHINGTON, DC. Dr. Younger specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Younger evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Younger helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Stephanie Younger M.S.'s Practice location
WASHINGTON, DC 20002Get Direction
Stephanie Younger M.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Miss Miguelina Zapata M.S. CCC-SLP4500 NEW HAMPSHIRE AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20011
- Wendy Guadalupe Portillo CCC-SLP1125 NEW JERSEY AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20001
- Ms. Janice Brown M.S.1100 50TH ST NE WASHINGTON DC 20019
- Mrs. Rachelle Lynette Crawford-brown M.S. CCC-SLP7420 MARLBORO PIKE DISTRICT HEIGHTS MD 20747
- Jennifer Draiman CCC-SLP3517 FALLING GREEN RD OLNEY MD 20832
- Nesha Desai17620 REDLAND RD ROCKVILLE MD 20855