Dr. Beverly Brown practices Emergency Medicine in Tucker, GA. Dr. Brown assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Brown examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Meharry Med Coll Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1981
Meharry Medical College 1981
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Morehouse Sch Of Med, General Preventive Medicine; Lac-King/Drew Med Ctr, Emergency Medicine; Howard Univ Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- La Co/King/Drew Med Ctr
Dr. Beverly Therese Brown MD's Practice location
Tucker, GA 30084Get Direction
ALPHARETTA, GA 30009Get Direction
Dr. Beverly Therese Brown MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- Dr. Richard Dukes MD11705 Jones Bridge Road Johns Creek Georgia 30005
- Dr. Travan K Jasper MD5661 BUNKY WAY DUNWOODY GA 30338
- Dr. Adrianne E. Sever MD80 Jesse Hill Jr Dr Se Atlanta GA 30303
- Dr. Reginald Ashley Orr MD1968 PEACHTREE ROAD ATLANTA GA 30309
- Dr. Stephen Hodes MD1000 Medical Center Blvd Lawrenceville GA 30045
- Dr. Hany Y Atallah MD550 Peachtree St NE Atlanta GA 30308