Dr. Deryk G Jones MD
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA, 70121
Dr. Deryk Jones is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in New Orleans, LA. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Jones is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 1991
Stanford University School of Medicine 1986
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Sports-related osteochondral injuries: clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Differential phenotypic characteristics of heterogeneous cell population in the rabbit periosteum.
- Autologous chondrocyte implantation.
- Relationships between throwing mechanics and shoulder distraction in collegiate baseball pitchers.
- Autologous chondrocyte implantation.
- The effect of low-intensity pulsed ultrasound on autologous osteochondral plugs in a canine model.
- Relationships between ball velocity and throwing mechanics in collegiate baseball pitchers.
- Articular cartilage degeneration: etiologic association with obesity.
- Biological and functional evaluation of a novel pyrolytic carbon implant for the treatment of focal osteochondral defects in the medial femoral condyle: assessment in a canine model.
- Factors Affecting the Union of Opening Wedge High Tibial Osteotomy Using a Titanium Wedge Plate.
- Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation for Femoral Trochlear Dysplasia.
- Torn Meniscus
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Abnormal Gait
- Univ Hlth Ctr Of Pittsburgh, Sports Medicine-Orthopedic Surgery; Mass Gen Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Brigham & Women'S Hosp, General Surgery
- Harvard Combined Program 1992
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
Dr. Deryk G Jones MD's Practice location
Dr. Deryk G Jones MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jones
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- Is Sepsis a Chronic Condition?
Sepsis is a life-threatening condition, which is a result of the body’s reaction to an infection. Your body can respond to an infection by going into overdrive despite its immune system’s protection against diseases and infections.Sepsis is a dangerous condition where the body fights an...
- Shin Splints: What Is RICE?
he pain caused by the overuse of the shinbone, which is the large front bone in the lower leg, is known as a shin splint. Shin splints are usually characterized by pain in the inner part of the shin bone or the tibia. Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). This...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- 5 Tips to Prevent Shin Splints
What are shin splints?Shin splints are characterized by pain along the inner portion of the shin bone (the long bone below the knee). Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). They commonly occur in people who participate in strenuous physical activities and sports such as...
- What Are the Symptoms of Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that spreads through the bite of certain ticks. The disease got its name from the town of Lyme in Connecticut where several children were diagnosed with this infection. The disease is caused by the spirochete bacterium, Borrelia burgdorferi. The ticks that...
- Neil Duplantier M.D.2600 Belle Chasse Hwy Gretna Louisiana 70056
- Dr. Luis Manuel Espinoza M.D.671 W ESPLANADE AVE KENNER LA 70065
- Dr. Michael J. O'brien MD202 Janet Yulman Way New Orleans LA 70118
- Dr. Matthew A. Mcqueen MD1401 JEFFERSON HWY NEW ORLEANS LA 70121
- Dr. Michael W Hartman M.D.200 W ESPLANADE AVE KENNER LA 70065
- Dr. Scott C Montgomery MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121