Sean P Tierney M.D.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology19001 Old Lagrange Rd Mokena IL, 60448
Dr. Sean Tierney is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Mokena, IL. Dr. Tierney performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
Albany Medical College - Union University 1995
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Loyola Univ Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Loyola Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- Loyola University Medical Center Program
Sean P Tierney M.D.'s Practice location
Mokena, IL 60448Get Direction
MERRIONETTE PARK, IL 60803Get Direction
Sean P Tierney M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tierney
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Francisco Guillermo Aguilar MD908 N Elm St Hinsdale IL 60521
- Krishna C Malineni M.D.11 Salt Creek Ln Hinsdale IL 60521
- Andrew T Lawrence M.D.908 N Elm St Hinsdale IL 60521
- William H Spear M.D.3545 W 95TH ST EVERGREEN PARK IL 60805
- Charles A Kinder M.D.19001 Old Lagrange Rd Mokena IL 60448
- Adarsh Kumar Bhan M.D.17850 Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest IL 60429