Dr. Fred H. Lewis MD
Allergist and Immunologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Allergy/Immunology535 Main St Olean NY, 14760
Dr. Fred Lewis practices Pediatric Allergy Medicine in Olean, NY. A pediatric allergist/immunologist finds and treats allergies and immune system problems that child patients suffer from. Dr. Lewis treats the reactions caused by pet dander, pollen, dust, mold spores, insect stings, food, and medications; those reactions include asthma, hay fever, hives, eczema, or a very severe and unusual reaction called anaphylaxis.
Education and Training
New York Med Coll- Valhalla Ny 1976
New York Medical College 1976
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- An analysis of intra-camp relationships.
- Plasma protease inhibitor and anaphylatoxin inactivator levels in chronic urticaria/angioedema and in patients experiencing anaphylactoid reactions to radiographic contrast media.
- Ultrastructural and functional studies of cilia from patients with asthma, aspirin intolerance, and nasal polyps.
- Revisiting CPR knowledge and skills among registered nurses.
- Contact Dermatitis
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Hives (urticaria)
- Food Allergies
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Allergy; Beth Israel Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- NSLIJHS/Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine at North Shore University Hospital Program
Dr. Fred H. Lewis MD's Practice location
Olean, NY 14760Get Direction
Dr. Fred H. Lewis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lewis
- How Is Lupus Diagnosed?
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disorder that develops when your organs and tissues are attacked by your own immune system. Lupus causes inflammation in numerous organs, such as the heart, skin, blood cells, joints, lungs, brain, and kidneys.It can be quite hard to diagnose lupus since its signs and...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- What to Do If Your Baby Has a Milk Protein Allergy
Milk Protein AllergyOne of the most common food allergies in babies and young children is cow's milk allergy. The good news is that milk allergies are usually outgrown by babies when they turn 2 or 3 years old. Its symptoms are usually managed by consuming a dairy-free diet. Regular milk is...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- Is Asthma Allergy-Induced?
The allergens which cause sneezing and watery eyes in many people, are the ones responsible for asthma attacks in few others. It can be stated without the shred of a doubt that allergies trigger the most commonly suffered chronic conditions in the United States. The connection between allergies and...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...