Dr. Sherif Tewfik is an anesthesiologist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Tewfik ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Tewfik also might help manage pain after an operation.
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Anesthesiology; Univ Of Ne Med Ctr, General Surgery; Univ Of Ne Med Ctr, Anesthesiology
Dr. Sherif H. Tewfik MD's Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
AMES, IA 50010Get Direction
Dr. Sherif H. Tewfik MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Holistic Treatment for Sinusitis
Holistic Treatment for SinusitisHolistic treatments are natural remedies that are available for treating certain medical problems. There are quite a number of natural treatment options that are known to help ease a sinus infection. Such treatments include the following: 1. Apple Cider...
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children
There are a number of characteristics that separate children and adolescents from adults. However, the main difference between the two is the fact that adults are more in control of every aspect of their lives compared to children and adolescents.We do find it normal for a child to experience...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Christopher F Stalvey DO5901 Westown Pkwy West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Daniel James Baldi D.O.1301 Pennsylvania Ave Des Moines IA 50316
- Dr. Clay Edwards Ransdell D.O.5901 Westown Pkwy West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Thomas Gerad Klein D.O.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Steven Roger Quam D.O.5901 WESTOWN PKWY WEST DES MOINES IA 50266
- Dr. Andrew George Spellman D.O.5901 Westown Pkwy West Des Moines IA 50266