Dr. Kevin Gitlin is a psychiatrist practicing in Plattsburgh, NY. Dr. Gitlin is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Gitlin diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Gitlin may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Gitlin treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1987
Georgetown University in Washington DC 1987
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- A Einstein Coll M-Yeshiva U, Psychiatry
- A Einstein College M Yeshiva University
- Jacobi Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine Program
Dr. Kevin N Gitlin M.D.'s Practice location
Plattsburgh, NY 12901Get Direction
Dr. Kevin N Gitlin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is the Trazodone Drug Prescribed For?
Depression is a medical condition affecting the mental health of an individual. Depression can cause various other secondary illnesses along with it. To treat depression, it is extremely important to timely diagnose the condition and treat it with the help of a medical expert who can guide you with...
- 5 Reasons You May Be Nauseous After Eating
Nausea is an uncomfortable feeling and a cause for concern if it constantly occurs. It can be a warning sign of disease or a medical condition that may require immediate attention. However, not all cases of nausea are a sign of an underlying illness. There are numerous reasons that an individual can...
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- Trypophobia and Other Strange Phobias
A phobia can be defined as a debilitating and overwhelming fear of a situation, object, animal, feeling, or place. Phobias are more evident compared to "fear" and normally occur when an individual has an unrealistic or exaggerated sense of danger about an object or situation. In case a phobia gets...
- Xanax: Side Effects, Withdrawal Symptoms, & the Safe Way to Get Off the Drug
Xanax is a medication used to treat patients suffering from panic disorders, anxiety, and depression due to anxiety. Xanax is a part of the drug family or class benzodiazepines.Effects of this drug usually start within twenty-five minutes of taking it and provide relief for up to a few hours....
- Top 7 Depression Myths and Misconceptions Debunked
Depression is one of the most common mental illnesses experienced by people, and just like any other illness, this condition is also accompanied by certain myths and misconceptions. These are the most common myths surrounding depression today....
- Dr. Vasu Krishnakumar M.D.63 Broad Street Plattsburgh NY 12901
- Dr. Adebowale Mofikoya M.D.111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Peter Romney Jackson M.D.75 BEEKMAN ST PLATTSBURGH NY 12901
- Dr. Katherine B Brownlowe MD86 Lake St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. William S Grass MD118 PINE ST BURLINGTON VT 05401
- Dr. Therese Annette Lawrence M.D.86 LAKE ST BURLINGTON VT 05401