Dr. Sandra Elfering is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Racine, WI. Dr. Elfering specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Elfering can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Elfering can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Dr. Sandra L. Elfering M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Sandra L. Elfering M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Antibiotic Use by Pregnant Women Is a Risk Factor for Crohn’s and Colitis, Study Says
The correct use of antibiotics for treating medical conditions can be a hot topic of discussion. While many antibiotics provide powerful relief for a variety of conditions, there is some discussion about the negative side effects that can occur with the use of certain antibiotics. According to a...
- Chlamydia Doubled Ovarian Cancer Risk, Study Shows
Chlamydia trachomatis, commonly known as chlamydia, is a type of sexually transmitted infection (STI). In the United States, approximately 1.5 million cases of chlamydia are reported on an annual basis, making it the most commonly reported type of bacterial infection – according to the Centers for...
- Excessive Weight Gain During Pregnancy is Linked to Childhood Obesity
Researchers from Children’s Hospital in Boston and Columbia University in New York, report that women who put on a lot of weight during pregnancy are more likely to have babies having high birth weight and is linked to the risk of childhood obesity. High birth weight is associated with higher body...
- Top Uses of Finasteride
Finasteride is an oral prescription medication in the form of film-coated tablets. It is available as a generic drug and under the brand names Propecia and Proscar. Although generic drugs are cheaper than brand-name drugs, their availability may be limited when it comes to their form or strength...
- Treatments for Endometriosis
Endometriosis is a serious condition that, unfortunately, has no known cure. This condition is difficult to treat and the treatments usually aim to ease the symptoms. Usually, the treatments are given for the following reasons:Pain relief, most often your doctor would prescribe a series of pain...
- Zika Virus Symptoms: What Is Zika Virus and Travel Recommendations
In 1947, the Zika virus was discovered and got its name from Uganda’s Zika Forest. The first human case of Zika was identified in 1952. Since then, outbreaks of the virus were reported in the Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, and Africa, although it was possible for Zika outbreaks to happen in...
- Dr. Sara Jean Mornar D.O.3821 Spring St Racine WI 53405
- Dr. Ursula Star-adamczyk M.D.9200 W Loomis Rd Franklin WI 53132
- Dr. Lenora M. Brockman M.D.8348 WASHINGTON AVE MOUNT PLEASANT WI 53406
- Dr. Stuart A. Fox M.D.3821 Spring St Racine WI 53405
- Dr. Carmela A Barr MD4202 W OAKWOOD PARK CT FRANKLIN WI 53132
- Dr. Scott A Kamelle MD2801 W. Kinnickinnic River Pkwy Milwaukee WI 53215