Dr. Rodney Sornson practices Emergency Medicine in La Jolla, CA. Dr. Sornson assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Sornson examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1957
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1957
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, General Surgery; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, General Surgery; Alameda Co Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- UCSD-Kaiser San Diego
Dr. Rodney Drace Sornson M.D.'s Practice location
La Jolla, CA 92037Get Direction
Dr. Rodney Drace Sornson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- Dr. Andrew P. Desjardins M.D.7901 Frost Street San Diego California 92123
- Dr. Donald J Butera MD5555 Grossmont Center Drive La Mesa CA 91942
- Dr. Kenneth A. Schild M.D.10666 N Torrey Pines Rd La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Mark Vernon Olcott MDBldg H100, Santa Margarita Road Camp Pendleton CA 92055
- Dr. Vasiliki M Anvari M.D.250 Prospect Pl Coronado CA 92118
- Dr. Laurance Davis Cracroft M.D.4077 Fifth Ave San Diego CA 92103